The R word

villanwesty88

Don't wanna be capp'n doom n' gloom, but I don't see us picking up any more points and I think we've had it

I don't see us picking up any more points either, but I think we'll be safe come Sunday evening

35 points will not keep us up. 38 will, 36 might. They cannot lose today.

To be fair Stoke, Newcastle and Chelsea wins is a real possibility - and would means 35 is enough. I know what you mean, but the reality is that all three of our rivals are away from home.

Blues worst ever signing, a useless lump of a striker, scores one and makes one to keep them up. Let's have a bit of history repeating itself today Mr. Holt!

For the day that's in it, and since we're all going to be whipping out the calculators come 4.45, this is how it stands

What We Want:

Villa win means safety, regardless of anyone else's results

Cardiff fail to win and they cannot catch Villa, regardless of what Villa do

Fulham fail to win and they cannot catch Villa, regardless of what Villa do

Norwich lose tomorrow and they cannot catch Villa, regardless of what Villa do

What's We Don't Want

Fulham win and Villa draw/loss means Fulham can still catch Villa next week unless Villa beat or draw with Man City midweek - but they'll need to beat Crystal Palace at home and have Villa lose/draw at Spurs

Cardiff win and Villa loss means Cardiff can still catch Villa next week unless Villa beat or draw with Man City midweek - but they'll need to beat Chelsea at home and have Villa lose at Spurs

Norwich win or draw and a Villa loss means Norwich can still catch Villa next week unless Villa beat or draw with Man City midweek - but they'll need to beat Arsenal at home and have Villa lose at Spurs

Outside the Bottom 3

Sunderland play Man Utd away today, WBA at home on the 7th and Swansea at home on the 11th and need 3 points more than Villa and a goal difference turnaround of 3 to pass us

West Brom play Arsenal away tomorrow and Stoke at home on the 11th, we need 1 point more than them and a goal difference swing of 6 in our favour to pass them

Hull City play us away today, Manchester United away on the 6th and Everton at home on the 11th, and we need 3 points to pass them (or 2 points and a goal difference swing of 9)

Swansea City play Southampton at home today and Sunderland away on the 11th, we need 5 points more than them to pass them (or 4 points and a goal difference swing of 17)

West Ham play Man City away on the 11th, and we need 6 points more than them to pass them (or 5 points and a goal difference swing of 9)