What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

Pork belly slices covered with Reggae Reggae sauce sat on sliced potatoes having been slowly cooked in the oven for a couple of hours.

did you sing the song when using it ?

He he. No, it played in my head, though!

Cracking gif, Pints! :)

• Like 1

just had a perfectly good* homemade leek and spud soup over in the park, sat there with all the flowers and the trees and the birdies

big bowl of soup, some crusty bread, a coffee and a biscuit

very civilised

*didn't need the salt but that's par for the course when you eat out, salt is still king but you can actually adapt to not needing it. I don't think I've added salt to cooking in 20 years.

• Like 1

I'm guessing we did.

But in fairness, it tasted of leek and potato and included actual real vegetable. Unlike the soup from the place down the road a couple of weeks ago where 'homemade' clearly meant they'd poured on the boiling water to rehydrate it themselves.

*didn't need the salt but that's par for the course when you eat out, salt is still king but you can actually adapt to not needing it. I don't think I've added salt to cooking in 20 years.

Heresy. How can you not add salt to your meals? I find that incomprehensible. 

I put salt in the water I cook pasta in.

But apart from that I don't really use it in cooking or on my meals.

The only food I put salt on is chips, and I rarely eat them anyway.

(in contrast to my Dad, who puts salt, and **** tonnes of it, on everything)

you don't need the salt, you've been conned

leave off the salt and guess what, after a little while you can actually taste what the food is like

we're being killed with sugar and salt

• Like 1

Â