What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

In work today. Sausage, chips and beans out of the works canteen. Just what my waist line needs, more stodge!

Works canteens are just shocking. I sometimes work at BBC Studios in Elstree and believe me when I say you haven't eaten shit food until you've eaten there. It's always refried stodge with a side of hot-plate-warmed stodged and all slapped onto a tray by a furious Romanian. The glamour of TV for you.

In work today. Sausage, chips and beans out of the works canteen. Just what my waist line needs, more stodge!

Works canteens are just shocking. I sometimes work at BBC Studios in Elstree and believe me when I say you haven't eaten shit food until you've eaten there. It's always refried stodge with a side of hot-plate-warmed stodged and all slapped onto a tray by a furious Romanian. The glamour of TV for you.

I'm told by a work colleague who does quite a bit of work as a TV extra (mainly Emmerdale) that ITV Yorkshire's on location catering is excellent. 

I'm told by a work colleague who does quite a bit of work as a TV extra (mainly Emmerdale) that ITV Yorkshire's on location catering is excellent. 

If you're filming on location they bring in catering companies and the food is nearly always amazing. But if you film at the BBC studios, it's a canteen and it is god awful!

Yeah, our canteen is bad at the best of times, but with a skeleton staff in, it was diabolical today. I knew I should have took a packed lunch, but couldn't be bothered to make something last night. The weather outside is horrible, so I couldn't be arsed going out to the local super market either.

Don't eat there, go next door to Tesco.

just about to go and create the mother of all turkey curries

incidentally, the kids have just realised it doesn't have to be Christmas to have the old pigs in blankets and they've already put a request in for Sunday

• 2 months later...

Anyone familiar with Yo Sushi? I've never been and I've noticed they do 'unlimited refills' on one of their soups. Tempted to test out their definition of 'unlimited'.

I've just discovered that trout and sausage go well together in a sandwich... Might add a bit of cheese to the next one and see how it works

Are you pregnant?

• Like 1

I've just discovered that trout and sausage go well together in a sandwich... Might add a bit of cheese to the next one and see how it works

Are you pregnant?

No he always looks like that. Sorry Tony!  :P

Trout and sausage. No!

Â