What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

Wetherspoons breakfest

When I worked in solihull I always used ti have a Spoons full English and pint of cider on Saturday morning

*didn't need the salt but that's par for the course when you eat out, salt is still king but you can actually adapt to not needing it. I don't think I've added salt to cooking in 20 years.

Heresy. How can you not add salt to your meals? I find that incomprehensible. 

I put salt in the water I cook pasta in.

But apart from that I don't really use it in cooking or on my meals.

The only food I put salt on is chips, and I rarely eat them anyway.

(in contrast to my Dad, who puts salt, and **** tonnes of it, on everything)

Are you me?

Fish stew. Squid, octopus, haddock, monkfish, king prawns, mussels, in fish stock, wine, Pernod, orange juice and peel, garlic, fennel seeds, paprika, chili, with garlic bread made from the pain de campagne from the French deli. Takes a while, never any left.

• Like 2

Very nice - would have to ditch the Pernod, though.

It will bear lots of adaptation, any kind of (non-oily) fish, add waxy potatoes and quartered fennel as I did tonight, but I think the garlic and fish stock probably need to be there.

The Pernod is to accentuate the aniseed notes of the fennel and fennel seed, but I see it's a flavour some people don't go for.

Snowy, have you ever tried liver braised in fennel and Pernod, with liquorice on the side? :)

Snowy, have you ever tried liver braised in fennel and Pernod, with liquorice on the side? :)

Cruel sod. ;)

Was always a fan of aniseed.

A teenage night on the great white telephone to god courtesy of more Ricard than a 14 year old should consume in a lifetime put paid to that being pleasureable.

The mere whiff of the stuff does for me.

Went out on Saturday for a meal. Decent enough place (The Almanack in Kenilworth. Think Orange Tree, The Farm, The Boot... that sort of place)

Anyway, had scallops with Clonakilty black pudding for starter. Facking laverly.

If you like Black Pudding try Stornoway BP, the Rollls Royce of BP.

Just had leftover black angus fore-rib, jus, with home made chips and bearnaise. OMFMOG! Stunning

I don't believe you. There can be no such thing as leftover Black Angus fore-rib. Leftover, indeed.

Â