You are Paul Lambert...

Dodgyknees

Bring in Gareth Barry on loan

I don't think that there would have been any objections to that from the Chairman when he became available. Unfortunately PL doesn't seem to value experience
But the only factually verified ITK said PL wanted to bring Barry in on loan but didn't have the wages in budget?
I wasn't aware that VT had an 'ITK' that was 'factually verified'!

The issue with the cutbacks has been players with high value, long contracts.

Had PL gone to the owner and stated that he needed £1.5m-£2m to pay Barry for a season, as he needed an older head in midfield, I believe that he would have received an okay.

Or, of course, he could have not signed Tonev or Helenius, and used money from his own budget.

Yep, beyond reasonable doubt.

Do you think Tonev or Helenius are on any more than about £5k a week each? Or that Barry is on any less than about £80k a week?

Tonev and Helenius also cost a fee each.

I believe that Barry's contract with Man City is about what you state, perhaps 'a little' more per week, but I very much doubt whether Everton are paying more than £40k of that.

With a few clubs likely interested in taking Barry on loan, I'd say that the club who paid as close to, or the full amount of, his wages was the club he eventually was loaned to.

Bring in Gareth Barry on loan

I don't think that there would have been any objections to that from the Chairman when he became available. Unfortunately PL doesn't seem to value experience
But the only factually verified ITK said PL wanted to bring Barry in on loan but didn't have the wages in budget?
I wasn't aware that VT had an 'ITK' that was 'factually verified'!

The issue with the cutbacks has been players with high value, long contracts.

Had PL gone to the owner and stated that he needed £1.5m-£2m to pay Barry for a season, as he needed an older head in midfield, I believe that he would have received an okay.

Or, of course, he could have not signed Tonev or Helenius, and used money from his own budget.

Yep, beyond reasonable doubt.

Do you think Tonev or Helenius are on any more than about £5k a week each? Or that Barry is on any less than about £80k a week?

Tonev and Helenius also cost a fee each.

I believe that Barry's contract with Man City is about what you state, perhaps 'a little' more per week, but I very much doubt whether Everton are paying more than £40k of that.

With a few clubs likely interested in taking Barry on loan, I'd say that the club who paid as close to, or the full amount of, his wages was the club he eventually was loaned to.

I might agree with you, had he not been loaned to Everton.

The clubs who could afford to pay his full wages would not have been interested.

The clubs who could afford to pay his full wages would not have been interested.

Everton pay very high wages. Arteta had to take a pay cut to join Arsenal. I'm sure they are paying Barry's full wage for the season.

• Like 3

1) You have a full squad to choose from.

2) You have £10m to spend and an extension of 40k P/W on wages to use - be reasonable.

3) You can do whatever you like for selection, formation and signings. You can buy three players, or just one. But you must be reasonable, no Messi or Ronaldo, think of who you can get for the money.

Now put that all together and tell us your tactics.

And NO, you do not "go again".

I would settle in my new surroundings. Villa would still be close to my heart, I would always look for their result first on the Livescore app. I enjoyed my time at Villa. :D 

Edited by Villastine

Everton pay very high wages. Arteta had to take a pay cut to join Arsenal. I'm sure they are paying Barry's full wage for the season.

No way Everton pay 'very high' wages...if the Arteta thing was true, it was certainly not the rule, but an exception.

Play 4-3-3 away from home and 4-2-3-1 at home, signing Zaha on loan from Utd, Tom Ince from Blackpool and a monster in midfield. In addition to giving youngsters such as Grealish, Robinson and Drennan chances.

4-3-3: Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar, Okore, Luna, Delph, Westwood, the monster, Zaha, Gabby and Benteke.

4-2-3-1: Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar, Okore, Luna, Westwood, Bacuna, Gabby, Ince, Delph and Benteke.

Never say, "here we (****) go again" and sign some much-needed experience, Barry would of done, oh wait  <_<

Edited by Avflife

Call McLeish to ask for advice on entertaining football.

Call Houllier to ask for advice on fan relationship management.

Call MON to ask for advice on maintaining players energy levels throughout the season.

Call O'Leary to ask for advice on man management.

Then go from there.

Sign three players similar to Ron Vlaar (or Bouma/Laursen when we signed them), that is mid to late twenties, relatively high standard, high level of international experience, leadership qualities and strong personality in changing room, and cheap: £3-4m each. One for midfield general role, one for attacking mid/wide player, and one for left back. 

I don't know who these players could possibly be, but Vlaar was a name I was familiar with because of the Dutch national team but maybe is just not quite top four standard. Three others of this ilk.....

Why do so many people want Lescott? He's got a real dickhead personality, which in my opinion wouldn't do the lads a favour.

On the other hand he is very competitive...but not enough so to balance out the negatives.

See what I mean?

Richards would be a great addition IMO. Great guy!

EDIT: There is another video where they armwrestle eachother. That one outlines my point a bit more visually I think...

Edited by LxYoungAVFC

Or if he wont resign, then NEVER, EVER play a 4-3-3 again

You hate 433, Kwan hates 352, who's right? There's only so many formations, and obviously only one can be right, ever. Lambert is an idiot for even thinking about using such a ludicrous formation.

You'd have thought that over the years, someone would have found out that 433 and 352 never, ever work and that they shouldn't be attempted. And that someone would have discovered the one true formation which does work, so we can all use it and cancel each other out in 50% possession 0-0 games.

• Like 1

Don't think Barry went to the club offering the most money, he went to the club he wanted to play for.

He'd get the same wage regardless and i doubt City would refuse him to leave for Everton if say Newcastle were to offer to pay 5 % more of his wages.

And for the OP, im not Paul Lambert...

I AM BEOWULF!

Good topic thou, will return with proper suggestions...

Hey, to be fair we've played some good football with the 433. While we've played some effective hoof ball with the 532, I would just like to never see us employ it with our personnel ever ever ever ever again.

Don't think Barry went to the club offering the most money, he went to the club he wanted to play for.

some Villa supporter that knows Barry claimed we were his #1 choice but there was no interest from Lambert

some Villa supporter that knows Barry claimed we were his #1 choice but there was no interest from Lambert

Heard that aswell, if we turned down Barry, for whatever reason, it's criminal

Edited by sne

And some Villa supporter that knows Lambert claimed he was interested in Barry but there was no room in the budget for him.

Â