Who is going down...

tonyh29

Is anyone else feeling as though this could bizarrely end up like a slightly worse version of Houllier's season?? Lose to Hull, Lambert sacked, Cowans for the last two games (as per Gary Mac), beat Citeh and Spuds (as per Arsenal and Liverpool in the last two games of that year) and somehow end up in a false position like twelfth?

We can only dream. 

Having said that, I fully expect us to lose our last three and finish 17th, perhaps on goal difference. It will take a cock up of epic proportions to go down, of which Villa will play their part, yet it is possibly too much to ask for those teams to overtake us. Cardiff, Norwich and Fulham to go for me. Although games for Norwich and Cardiff against CL chasing Chelsea concern me somewhat.

We have become the worst side in the division over the past few games, and I'm only glad that this Bodymoor bust up and Benteke's injury happened when they did and not two games sooner, else we'd be staring down the barrel right now.

Cardiff: 97.8% ^

Norwich: 94.7% ^

Fulham: 87.7% ^

Sunderland: 18.6% v

Villa: 1.1% ^

West Brom: 0.1% v

Cardiff: 84.8% ^

Fulham: 83.8% ^

Norwich: 83.7% ^

Sunderland: 45.1% v

West Brom: 2.2% ^

Villa: 0.4% v

So the chances have gone up, Uh Oh!

Isn't this the process that had us mid table?

I think we'll be safe, just.

Cardiff - They need 6 points, they won't win 2 games, especially with Chelsea last game, they're down imo, or at least will be below us, they might beat Newcastle, but I can only see them finishing as high as 17th with 33 points.

Fulham - Again, they need 6 points, and the pressure is back on them to get points to stay up. When they beat us everyone thought they were down and they played without any expectations. With Stoke and Palace it's possible for them to get 2 wins, but with both of those teams in decent form, and could both possibly finish above Newcastle, I doubt it.

Norwich - They need 4 points, and with Chelsea and Arsenal as there last 2 games, they're down, I doubt they'll get another point.

Sunderland - They need 4 points, probably only 3 as GD isn't a buffer as with the others, and they team we really need to worry about. They're in good form and have got winnable games in WBA and Swansea, I think they might be the only team we'll need to get points on the board to finish above.

So to go down, imo, Cardiff, Norwich and Fulham.

I think we'll be safe, just.

Cardiff - They need 6 points, they won't win 2 games, especially with Chelsea last game, they're down imo, or at least will be below us, they might beat Newcastle, but I can only see them finishing as high as 17th with 33 points.

Fulham - Again, they need 6 points, and the pressure is back on them to get points to stay up. When they beat us everyone thought they were down and they played without any expectations. With Stoke and Palace it's possible for them to get 2 wins, but with both of those teams in decent form, and could both possibly finish above Newcastle, I doubt it.

Norwich - They need 4 points, and with Chelsea and Arsenal as there last 2 games, they're down, I doubt they'll get another point.

Sunderland - They need 4 points, probably only 3 as GD isn't a buffer as with the others, and they team we really need to worry about. They're in good form and have got winnable games in WBA and Swansea, I think they might be the only team we'll need to get points on the board to finish above.

So to go down, imo, Cardiff, Norwich and Fulham.

And we have to pickup no points from our last 3 games, giving us 1 draw from 9 I believe. Stark contrast to how we finished last season.

A look on fulhams forums - general consensus from their fans is they are down, on Cardiffs forum its the same, on the Norwich site a few genuinely believe they will beat Chelsea and arsenal

one common theme on those sites is that they hate the villa.

Sunderland just want us to go down as they are sick of seeing their players forget how to play whenever we face them.

Norwich fans hate us for obvious reasons and will probably blame us if they go down because we took Lambert and forced them to appoint Hughton.

No idea why Fulham and Cardiff hate us.

EDIT - Scratch that. Fulham fans hate us because we loaned them Bent.

Edited by jacketspuds

Stoke fans seem to think they'll pick Fulham apart on the counter and they generally seem quite up for it, especially with it being the last home game. What helps is that Fulham need to win, so they're on the back foot right from kick off.

Cardiff, regardless of this weekend have Chelsea as their last game which is ideal for us. Plus if we pick up a point they're gone anyway.

Hopefully United can do to Sunderland what they did to Norwich and rock their confidence.

Stoke fans seem to think they'll pick Fulham apart on the counter and they generally seem quite up for it, especially with it being the last home game. What helps is that Fulham need to win, so they're on the back foot right from kick off.

Cardiff, regardless of this weekend have Chelsea as their last game which is ideal for us. Plus if we pick up a point they're gone anyway.

Hopefully United can do to Sunderland what they did to Norwich and rock their confidence.

It really is down to the Fulham game for me - we need them to (ideally) lose but certainly drop points. 

It really is down to the Fulham game for me - we need them to (ideally) lose but certainly drop points. 

yes I think its between us and Fulham for that other spot. 

Â