Who is going down...

tonyh29

Because eventually a losing streak will end. I think they will lose tonight but win 3 more looking at their fixtures left.

Applying this theory our current losing streak will end, so why are people worried. Edited by Crumpet

If Sunderland win tonight then Norwich beat Fulham I'm hitting the hard stuff

Norwich winning would be a good thing. It would almost certainly condemn Fulham to relegation and so that is the 2nd place filled after Cardiff. If Fulham win it brings them closer to the pack. Definitely need a Norwich win.

Sunderland's next 3 games are Chelsea, Everton and Man City. They also still have to play Manchester United at the end. They are down. I am honestly relaxed after tonights result. Villa may finish 17th, but that will be enough.

I reckon ISA's predicting 9 points out of 9 for Sunderland from their next three. ;)

I'm surprised with some of Poyet's selections I have to admit, not starting Adam Johnson last week was insane and you'd think people like Gardner and Larsson can at least score from freekicks/long range so that might be important for a team that creates little from open play.

I reckon ISA's predicting 9 points out of 9 for Sunderland from their next three. ;)

Guess not ;)

I genuinely did think they would win tonight but with the defeat and the manner of it, I think they are most likely down now.

Why out of interest? Spurs have a ridiculous amount of quality all over the pitch compared to Sunderland, that was always going to tell over 90 minutes.

Sherwood is getting a load of undue flack imo, his league record stands at 10 wins out of 17 games which is hardly a terrible record for a rookie manager and compares to what AVB and Brendan Rodgers were doing in their first 17 games and he's been pretty good at beating the bottom half teams since he took over.

The age old problem Spurs have is they just don't beat enough of the other top 6/7 teams and that's been their problem for years. If they had our record against the top teams this season they'd be in 4th now.

I just thought this was a good time to face Spurs and Sunderland (a bit like us) have been better away and in games with less expectation under Poyet. Obviously I'm not surprised they lost either. I just had that gut-feeling for Sunderland but as is often the case, my gut-feeling has proven to be completely useless.

If Sunderland win tonight then Norwich beat Fulham I'm hitting the hard stuff

Norwich winning would be a good thing. It would almost certainly condemn Fulham to relegation and so that is the 2nd place filled after Cardiff. If Fulham win it brings them closer to the pack. Definitely need a Norwich win.

Fulham to beat Norwich then both teams to lose the rest of their games would be the ideal scenario there

If Norwich win they're safe, despite probably not being likely to pick up any more points. If Fulham win, they're still a good bit behind us, BUT Norwich would be in a much worse position in terms of passing us

Edited by P3te

I think Norwich will go down now. Morons at the top who sack the manager with just 5 matches to go.

They will be accompanied by Solskjaer and Cardiff and Poyet and Sunderland.

Two poor managers goes down and one team with a poor managerial decision go down.

They surely would've gone down with Hughton though. And I don't know how poyet can be considered a poor manager.

Results can hardly be viewed as great. 15 losses out of 33!

What is it for Poyet now, 24 points from 24 games? So not terrible but not quite survival form. Though if they had averaged a point per game from the beginning of the season, they would be 17th and one point off Norwich.

Edited by Isa

Â