Ashley Young

suttonpaul

Ok, if he was available for 20k a week, and no loan fee, would we want him at our club for half a season?

The demands of having to play for Utd have probably hindered his performances, but you don't become a crap player overnight. He was still very decent in his first season for Utd, racked up a few goals and assists.

IMO, I think his confidence has taken a hit and the injuries he's had have made his Utd career 'stop/start'.

We all love Milner but I think we all know that him moving back here on loan won't happen.

Edited by Jay.P.A

You cant really question his work rate, always helped out his full back when he was with us. Regardless of what you think of him hes a more intelligent player than Tonev/Gabby/AW and if he could find even a bit of form he could hang some decent crosses for Benteke and co.

We are looking for someone who can play behind Benteke and he could be a short term answer. Wouldn't expect us to contribute more than 40k to his wages though, could be a good deal if we get Hutton out the door.

Edited by AndyM3000
  • Like 1

To be honest, he could be an excellent loan signing. Imagine him and Gabby swapping wings and him crossing to Benteke/Kozak. Could be a lethal combination for our counter attacking team

Yep I'd take him back.

General feeling on here seems to be he is a diver,  I dont think it's any worse than when he was here originally

• Like 1

Ashley Young on loan for us would be a brilliant signing.

He was great for us, always one who had you thinking he could come up with something special.

Definitely better than anything we presently have in terms of flair, coupled with fantastic energy.

• Like 1

To be honest, he could be an excellent loan signing. Imagine him and Gabby swapping wings and him crossing to Benteke/Kozak. Could be a lethal combination for our counter attacking team

Yep I'd take him back.

General feeling on here seems to be he is a diver,  I dont think it's any worse than when he was here originally

Agreed. Why do people single him out? There are, unfortunately, lots of divers in the Premiership.

And at least he would be our diver.

Edited by AntrimBlack

That dive against us swings it for me.

Without it, it would have felt like a Villan returning home and maybe we could all have got behind him.

With it, sod him, he's just a mercenary who jumped at the chance to join that awful lot and isn't really good enough to justify us swallowing our pride and accepting one of their cast-offs.

That dive against us swings it for me.

Without it, it would have felt like a Villan returning home and maybe we could all have got behind him.

With it, sod him, he's just a mercenary who jumped at the chance to join that awful lot and isn't really good enough to justify us swallowing our pride and accepting one of their cast-offs.

He jumped at the chance to join a team playing in Europe and at the top of the Premiership. He would have been stupid not to have done so.

He is a professional footballer, not a fan, and will necessarily do everything he can to win the game for whatever team he is playing for at the time.

And diving, unfortunately, is part of his game.

• Like 1

He jumped at the chance to join a team playing in Europe and at the top of the Premiership. He would have been stupid not to have done so.

He is a professional footballer, not a fan, and will necessarily do everything he can to win the game for whatever team he is playing for at the time.

Footballers should at least maintain the pretence of being fans of the teams they play/have played for.

Yes, diving is part of his game, but it's a bit rich against the club that you played for for four years.

Footballers should at least maintain the pretence of being fans of the teams they play/have played for.

Yes, diving is part of his game, but it's a bit rich against the club that you played for for four years.

Yes, I know what you are saying, but I really do not expect much from footballers. 

With some exceptions, of course.

Only reason why the whole diving thing with him has become more apparent is because of the exposure Man Utd gets. Like a few people on here have said already, I don't think he started diving more since he joined utd.

When he was playing for us, he was genuinely getting clipped while being too fast for people but then realised how to dive "correctly"....if that makes sense?

Anyway, if the option was there to bring him back, then why not? He'd want to be on that plane to the world cup with the England squad. Failing that, bring in Zaha!

But, it won't happen, and we'll probably sign someone like Popov, who we've been linked with.

Â