• El Ahmadi
    • Westwood
    • Agbonlahor
    • Kozak
    • Delph
    • Lowton (On for Vlaar 45)
    • Benteke (on for Kozak 66)
    • Weimann (on for El Ahmadi 86)

I would be so pissed off if this happened to us.  In fact I might go and read the meltdown on the Southampton boards :)

Felt sorry for Kozak, he went mental when we scored, then got taken straight.

Felt sorry for him too. That goal meant a hell of a lot to him, then "off you come son". Shame.

Nice goal too, cross from flank for big striker to attack, ball in net. It's not rocket salad is it?

I don't. They are a shitty litte club  delighted to be in the barclays premier league playing in a plastic identikit stadium. We are on the other hand are Aston Villa who deserve nothing but the best.

Felt sorry for Kozak not Southampton.

whoops, sorry pal- getting carried away with this winning lark!

I think it's clear to see that the team lack a bit of quality but the character this team shows is tremendous. How many times have we found ourselves in difficult situations this season and still kept going to get points ? Massive credit to lambert and the players.

I think we've gained the most points from losing positions. That might of changed after tonight though.

Fantasic 3 points! I don't care about the lack of possession, seems to be our system away from home the other team can have as much possession as they want because Were one of the best counter attacking teams in the league. However our defence is absolutely dreadful without vlarr, scary infact. Chuffed for delph, what a brilliant goal and he deserves it

Southampton fans on their forum are taking about "gaps int their transfer policy" and "lack of squad depth".

How quickly they forget where they were just a few years ago.

You should hear them on the ferry...

Their team is young and naive compared to ours.

Edited by dodgyknees
  • Like 1

I think we may be Southampton's natural predators. Their high tempo pressing game and high line are dangerous against pacy counter attackers as incisive as us. They like the game to be played in the opponent's half, but we also prefer the game to be played in our half. Since neither of our teams really have a plan B, it was going to be our Plan A vs their Plan A.

If Pochettino had learned from Rogers - who recognised the danger we represented and adapted accordingly - and dropped his high backline deeper, they would have been able to cope with our counter attacks. Hell, their Plan A probably would have worked if he'd been able to field the double pivot of Wanyama and Schneiderlin. Without the especially important Schneiderlin, however, I reckon that Lambert won the tactical battle.

• Like 1

unable watch this one, can someone tell me about Gabby's goal, what happened to big ron?  What positioning adjustments were made becuase he was out?

Gabby's goal came when a Saints d-man made an error and Gabby got the ball, ran 30 yards towards the goal all alone, dribbled someone and just put it in. Simple, but well done. (This is what I remember)

Ron pulled his calf, I heard.

I don't think anything was changed in the formation really, Lowton just took Ron's place. And was not very effective, first thing that happened in the second half was a cross in from Luna's side and Lowton's guy headed it home.

The Villa of old would have sank at 1-1 and 2-2. Fantastic spirit from the lads driven by some special goals by individual players. Love you Villa.

Was just thinking this, there is a strength showing in this team.

Â