• El Ahmadi
    • Westwood
    • Agbonlahor
    • Kozak
    • Delph
    • Lowton (On for Vlaar 45)
    • Benteke (on for Kozak 66)
    • Weimann (on for El Ahmadi 86)

Delph needs to be given more freedom to run into attacking positions, he's got enough skill on the ball to break down defenses on his own. 

Yeah he nearly set Kozak up with some brilliant play to create the opportunity straight after Southampton scored there first.  

Lambert just said "we were outstanding" :ph34r:

Defensively we were. Fantastic on the counter attack at times. Deserved winners.

Not including Lowton, I presume?

We did look more resolute than last season but we will inevitably get hammered against teams if we concede so much possession.

Great goals from us though. All well worked and brilliantly taken.

Guzan motm for me. Gabby looked back to his menacing best. Vlaar and Clark looked excellent. Hope Ron isn't one who misses his family a lot and likes to spend Christmas at home with them all!

I thought we had a chance of beating Southampton by catching them on the break and it looks like that's what happened. Big decision by Lambert dropping Benteke but I think it must be that he was rushed back from injury too quickly. I didn't see any of the game but I think we should be looking at targeting 3 points away from home and 1 point at home rather than vice versa as is normal. Lambert is really impressing me as a manager as he clearly is able to work with what he has rather than trying to impose a particular style on a bunch of players as so many other managers would do. All you can do as a manager is get the best out of what you have, Lambert is doing that at the moment.  

Paul Lambert: "We were outstanding." :crylaugh:

Manager in praising his team in public and increasing their confidence shocker!

We weren't outstanding but do you want him to say we were awful and deserved nothing.

Maybe behind closed doors he says differently, the way it should be.

I agree. But he IS lying :)

• Like 2

Brave dropping benteke, think we dealt with them well defensively, apart frm the goals obviously. All three goals for us were crackers.

Great to see the whole team chipping in with goals.

We scored a goal off a cross again, so it wasn't and isn't always one dimensional n route one .

Love Delph

Up the Villa

Quite frankly I am appalled that Villa under Lambert this season has the temerity to play badly and win. It is a simply an outrage. I expect us to play brilliant free flowing football and win every week. I am also very unhappy that we are 9 points from the drop zone. It is a total disgrace and Lambert should go. And sack the board. And the tea lady.

Meanwhile outside of the keyboard warriors out there- get in. By all account we got battered tonight, but look that has got the points.  I hope Vlaar isn’t knackered or we need to go shopping. But the claret and blue are on the way. Bring on Fulham. And United.

• Like 1

Â