*spoilers* The Walking Dead *spoilers*

dont_do_it_doug.

I'm not lion, I thought the CGI effects were very good.

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So if tiger gets bitten does it become a zombie ?

Heh, not in the TWD universe. If you've ever watched Z Nation though, animals do turn if attacked in that. Dogs, bears, snakes, etc.

I must admit that I was a tad disappointed with last night's series ender. Like others have said, Negan is too big a character to kill off so soon and the series has really just led up to what will obviously - you would hope - be a much better next series with lots of fighting between the groups.

I still think that Dwight will kill Negan. Dwight's missus is fit and if Negan was doing that to my missus I would have killed him long before now!

Gimple has all but confirmed that the time skip that occurs after All Out War in the comics will be done on TV, to an extent. He mentions a number of times in an interview with Hollywood Reporter (I think), that he wonders about what exactly happened during that 'skipped' time. The suggestion being that they want to fill in some of the blanks, which may well turn out horribly.

I did consider it but decided against it as I didn't specify the reasons for the time skip, and he didn't definitely confirm it's happening.

I always presumed it wouldn't, as aging some of the characters seems pointless for TV. They did a kind of time skip before when they were at the prison, all of a sudden at the start of season 3 (?) they had a working farm, and new people were there. They didn't ever confirm how long has passed though. I assumed they'd do something like that. Not a 5 YEARS LATER... kinda thing. Carl now basically represents current comics Carl, there's no need to make him (the most noticable character who could age, minus Judith I guess) older at all.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

As Dem has already referred to in the TV thread, Fear is back, and - shockingly - it's been damn decent so far. The stories are still disjointed, but at least they're actually good, and interesting. The latest episode was rather excellent, even if the near biblical return from the dead of a character was a bit silly, at least it was a good character with come reap clout...promising stuff. 

11 hours ago, hogso said:

As Dem has already referred to in the TV thread, Fear is back, and - shockingly - it's been damn decent so far. The stories are still disjointed, but at least they're actually good, and interesting. The latest episode was rather excellent, even if the near biblical return from the dead of a character was a bit silly, at least it was a good character with come reap clout...promising stuff. 

Yep the last episode was fantastic. FTWD has really excelled this season

• 3 weeks later...

Very strong mid-season finale for FTWD. It's like a completely different show. Some great direction in evidence too, hope they can keep it up in the second half.

Also included a tiny scene with a pretty massive snippet of info for the larger TWD universe. It was a kind of dumb moment, but this is a series based on a zombie comic book so I was prepared to suspend my disbelief.

2 hours ago, hogso said:

Very strong mid-season finale for FTWD. It's like a completely different show. Some great direction in evidence too, hope they can keep it up in the second half.

Also included a tiny scene with a pretty massive snippet of info for the larger TWD universe. It was a kind of dumb moment, but this is a series based on a zombie comic book so I was prepared to suspend my disbelief.

Yep best season so far I must say but they need to do something with Strand, this season they have ruined him 

• 3 months later...

I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say that this season 3 of FTWD has been the single best season of TWD ever. Great writing, direction, acting, and set pieces. Every episode has real emotional weight, and the set up for the finale is excellent. The pace too has been unreal, something that the main show could only dream of. Really shows what the production team can do without the shackles of the comic. 

10 hours ago, hogso said:

I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say that this season 3 of FTWD has been the single best season of TWD ever. Great writing, direction, acting, and set pieces. Every episode has real emotional weight, and the set up for the finale is excellent. The pace too has been unreal, something that the main show could only dream of. Really shows what the production team can do without the shackles of the comic. 

I've heard a few people say that. I thought the first season was really boring so I gave up with it after that but maybe I should revisit.

Not just the first season - the second season was poor too. I have to admit I haven't looked in to the changes that occurred between 2 and 3, but the spike in quality is staggering.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It’s laughable really you have a sniper that can take out folk from afar but they don’t use him/her for you know who!

this is a show I have to watch because I started so I will finish type thing.

Needs an end game and I don’t mean just this war and someone wins.  More like a cure or something.

Â