*spoilers* The Walking Dead *spoilers*

dont_do_it_doug.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah, I think the first half of the Whisperers arch could be pretty fun if done right.

But Carl is vastly important to it so not sure how they'll do it now.

I have a feeling this guys carls recruited is going to be  a vital charchter in next few seasons

I walked out the room 20 minutes before the end to carry on with my Where's Wally jigsaw puzzle in the next room.

This story line is boring me to tears and I'd heard what was going to happen to Carl anyway.

I think I'll wait for the second half of the season to finish and then binge watch it when I've ran out of jigsaws.

If they use this season to well and truly split from the comics (Rick x Michonne, Carl dead, full Eugene heel turn, end the season by Rick killing Negan?) it could work out very well. 

Take the approach they have to the most recent season of FTWD and free the show from the shackles of trying to match the comic arcs, it could be great. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hogso said:

If they use this season to well and truly split from the comics (Rick x Michonne, Carl dead, full Eugene heel turn, end the season by Rick killing Negan?) it could work out very well. 

Take the approach they have to the most recent season of FTWD and free the show from the shackles of trying to match the comic arcs, it could be great. 

Cant agree more 

Spoiler

In the comics Eugene ends up dating Rosita wonder if thats now scrapped?

Edited by Demitri_C

13 hours ago, hogso said:

Me liking the comic (and the time already invested) is the only reason I still follow the show because the comic is still a pretty well written story.

If they buggered off in another direction even more than they already have I'd stop watching pretty soon.

Unlike most it would appear, I only liked the first season of FTWD and not the following ones as it showed the part of the story we hadn't seen before. The outbreak (wasn't fantastic in any way mind) 

28 minutes ago, sne said:

Me liking the comic (and the time already invested) is the only reason I still follow the show because the comic is still a pretty well written story.

If they buggered off in another direction even more than they already have I'd stop watching pretty soon.

Unlike most it would appear, I only liked the first season of FTWD and not the following ones as it showed the part of the story we hadn't seen before. The outbreak (wasn't fantastic in any way mind) 

the first season was the worst for me. season 3 has been very good and its going to get better with the cross over coming 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

the first season was the worst for me. season 3 has been very good and its going to get better with the cross over coming 

That seems to the the common opinion.

For me the series is just a worse version of TWD. It doesn't grab me and I don't care about any of the characters. 

Season 3 was better than 2, but still pretty meh.

Not for me that one

10 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Cant agree more 

Hide contents

In the comics Eugene ends up dating Rosita wonder if thats now scrapped?

Recent comic spoilers 

Spoiler

It would seem so, although she also had a fling with Siddiq (the guy who Carl rescued and kept safe in the sewer in the tv show) in the comics and was carrying his kid, so they could just skip the Eugene bit, I suppose 

Gimple has recently confirmed other characters will be picking up Carl's story lines from the comics in the future on tv. 

• 2 months later...
19 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I stopped watching back in season 6 when Glenn fell off a dumpster and got eaten by walkers. He was my favourite character so there was no point me watching after that.

Haha! Brilliant :crylaugh:

18 hours ago, darrenm said:

I stopped watching back in season 6 when Glenn fell off a dumpster and got eaten by walkers. He was my favourite character so there was no point me watching after that.

bastard :crylaugh:

just for the record i am bowing to villatalk pressure and continuing on GoT season 6 it better be worth it!

i been warned to avoid the tv show thread as contains a major spoiler. 

• Like 2

That song at the beginning of this episode :bang:

Rather sit through 10 more seasons of nothing happening at the farm than listen to 1 second more of it.

Spoiler

Other than that the episode was pretty much

Why won't you die already?!

Spoiler

I think to be fair I have completely lost it with TWD. I should have found Carls death at least slightly depressing when in fact the only thing I could think was just f'ing get on with it. I think I will watch the last half of the series and then call it a day sadly

Good episode I thought.

Dragged the Carl thing out a bit,  but he was a pretty major character I suppose.

Don't know why,  but I couldn't stop laughing at the 'dream sequence' bit when Negan turned up. It wasn't even funny as such, just weird. 

Edited by wazzap24
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Good episode I thought.

Dragged the Carl thing out a bit,  but he was a pretty major character I suppose.

Don't know why,  but I couldn't stop laughing at the 'dream sequence' bit when Negan turned up. It wasn't even funny as such, just weird. 

yeah i laughed as you cant imagine negan being like that, they have portrayed him well that you would never have that perception of him being like that 

have to say it was utter rubbish though and boring. Dragged for too long. Ive realised what the main problem with TWD is. TOO MANY EPISODES!

after watching game of thrones what makes it so successful if they pack it all in within 10 episodes in this half the episodes are fillers. I cant see TWD lasting many more seasons to be honest  

• Like 1

The show is in desperate need of a new show runner. Sack off the comic arc following storylines, try and make the show fresh again. I've said it before in here, but I won't give up on TWD because of the incredible turn around of FTWD. So it is possible that the same producers pull the trigger on the 'main' show and make all the right decisions. 

If they don't, it probably has one more season in it. 

41 minutes ago, hogso said:

The show is in desperate need of a new show runner. Sack off the comic arc following storylines, try and make the show fresh again. I've said it before in here, but I won't give up on TWD because of the incredible turn around of FTWD. So it is possible that the same producers pull the trigger on the 'main' show and make all the right decisions. 

If they don't, it probably has one more season in it. 

You are right as FTWD is not based on comics its actually better. They should do their own turn on the whisperers and then go down their own direction. to be honest i dont think they should go beyond another two seasons. 

On 26/02/2018 at 22:30, sne said:

That song at the beginning of this episode :bang:

Rather sit through 10 more seasons of nothing happening at the farm than listen to 1 second more of it.

At the Bottom of Everything by Bright Eyes is the best thing to happen on TWD for about 3 seasons.

Â