*spoilers* The Walking Dead *spoilers*

dont_do_it_doug.

I think saying Rick's Army were a bad shot is a bit unfair, the episode was called Mercy for a reason(s). Any sense of tension was completely negated with Gabriel in a confined space with a visibly injured Negan though, seeing as Gabriel has gun. It's just a bad cliffhanger. For anyone that didn't watch it I'll mention it in here again - FTWD is now the better show, and the third series is really worth a watch. It also benefits from having a smaller budget, so doesn't attempt to rely on the 'effects' which TWD does...although Shiva looked good this week.

It is unfair saying the AlexHillDom alliance were bad shots.

Spoiler

They were intentionally shooting out the windows, while Darryl's crew were leading the walkers to the sanctuary. With the sanctuary isolated, and at the very least, buying some time so they can pick off the Saviour outposts. Break them down. Whittle them away. Its what I would do.

Episode 2 certainly was action packed.

Still the slight issue with the people who have pistols make perfect head shots every time and the ones with assault rifles couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.

Spoiler

The number of stone cold execution style kills by the "good guys" thou :o Was like Schwarzenegger in Commando.

Sure did want to hammer in that even the good guys in their universe are (forced to) doing bad things.

Bit of a pointless cliff hanger thou.

1 hour ago, Meath_Villan said:

I didn't watch this week but going by form it was another filler episode with 5 mins of story stretched over the 50mins 

Correct. I’m really bored of this now, I’m not sure why I’m still watching to be honest, it’s been poor for a while now.

I think there were some redeeming features of this episode. The BIG DEATH was satisfyingly unpleasant, and the utter destruction of Ezequiel's faith / character was well done. I also liked the Rick / Daryl cameo double team, good fun. So calling it filler is a bit harsh, but, as ever, there certainly was plenty to criticise. Utterly shit CGI, and the gif above from Paddy could not be more accurate. Properly laughable.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hogso said:

I think there were some redeeming features of this episode. The BIG DEATH was satisfyingly unpleasant, and the utter destruction of Ezequiel's faith / character was well done. I also liked the Rick / Daryl cameo double team, good fun. So calling it filler is a bit harsh, but, as ever, there certainly was plenty to criticise. Utterly shit CGI, and the gif above from Paddy could not be more accurate. Properly laughable.

True, there were some cool bits to be fair. I think I'm just getting a bit fed up of how this story line is progressing. It feels like very little has happened since Glenn and Abraham got mushed, considering that was nearly 1 and a half seasons ago. I'm guessing that only a couple of months have passed in this time too considering Maggie is still pregnant with Glenn's baby but isn't showing at all yet. 

It might just be, but I preferred it when we were just following 'our' group of about 10 people rather than the endless list of characters spread about all over the place, some of which are just seen for a couple of minutes every 3-4 episodes or so. I'm losing track of where everybody is and what they're doing. It means (and I know this might sound ridiculous) I'm losing any sort of connection with them. I'm not sure I'd be as bothered watching Eugene get torn apart as I would have been a couple of season ago.

And where the hell is Heath?

Haha, he's not dead, but he might be 'dead' as we knew him. As for not being able to keep up with the ever growing list of characters, the comics are terrible for this, and some that were major players at certain points only pop up very briefly here and there. As for Heath, the actor went to make 24, but was written out of it when he, well, disappeared whilst defending Tera from a horde on a bridge somewhere. We often comment about when/where he'll pop up again. Not sure enough people care though.

• Like 1

Â