*spoilers* The Walking Dead *spoilers*

dont_do_it_doug.

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

i dont see why they cant have two weeks of action scenes? like a war with Negans troops that lasts 3-4 epsiodes?? 

That'd be boring in a different way and it'd detract from the once in a blue moon 'good' episodes.

Basically it comes down to money. It's the biggest show on TV right now and they're going to milk it for all it's worth. They take the good stuff and water it down by throwing in seven or eight episodes of filler bullshit in per season. People are so invested in the show that most will continue watching it regardless. It's been happening for the last few seasons now, not sure why people are so surprised.

15 hours ago, Ginko said:

That'd be boring in a different way and it'd detract from the once in a blue moon 'good' episodes.

Basically it comes down to money. It's the biggest show on TV right now and they're going to milk it for all it's worth. They take the good stuff and water it down by throwing in seven or eight episodes of filler bullshit in per season. People are so invested in the show that most will continue watching it regardless. It's been happening for the last few seasons now, not sure why people are so surprised.

Spoiler

I read somewhere that was what exactly what happened for the second season. Many of those who watch the show would indicate that the second season was the most boring. The reason was, they ran out of money during filming, so they had the characters on the farm longer than they intended.

I know whats coming, so I can anticipate and accept some build up to it. A friend at work was looking forward to the episode, because she wanted to know what was going to happen with Carl. She is probably disappointed now too. It would have been more appropriate if it just showed Kirkman giving us the finger for 60 minutes straight ( minus commercials).

Just reading about the ratings slump for the rinse and repeat season structure.

for me the show would have been better as a flash back show. We meet Negan who's a piece of work, slowly learning and seeing throughout the season how he became how he is.

Earlier series could have been flash backs of the original group dealing with the world falling apart and Rick and there timelines slowly converging.

would give some diversity to each episode series, for what it's worth the first series was great.

4 hours ago, Meath_Villan said:

Was again a bit megh ......need to get rid of negan soon his character is just megh as well, not sure if it's down to JDM...bit started really well and now just ...well ....megh .......I'm losing interest as I did with lost ...

I actually think the opposite. Negan is the only thing that is making me watch. i think he is doing a superb job

• Like 4

Wow great episode this week just seen it

Spoiler

Spencer's death was a great scene and got what he deserved the weasel. also finally after some dragging Rick coming to meet the gang at Hilltop was great scene. I guess he isn't yet aware the kingdom exists so things will get very interesting once the mid season break is finished 

I loved this episode! Negan's handling of Spencer was a bit predictable but great at the same time. The weird guy spying on Alexandria in the Spoiler is either gonna make the beating of the saviours or the ending of some of Alexandria's lot. I'm hoping he's bad ass and joins up with Rick's lot for the greater good. 

Who will kill Negan? I'm going for Dwight as he's got a mighty fine missus being stoked by Negan and surely it would be too obvious to make it one of Rick's group? 

Actually, I think the person spying in the Spoiler might just be one of those tough women that Tara encountered in last week's episode. Hopefully, it is and she will suss out what's going on, go back to her group and get all that weaponry over to Alexandria in time for the war. 

Edited by villarocker

This weeks:

Good episode overall, builds it nicely for the second half of the season next year.

BUT:

Spoiler

1. **** hell! that bit with the bullet was hilarious! Nice tough baseball bat you have there Mr.N :D Oh, and I love how he suddenly became a ballistics expert and could tell the bullet was home made :)

2. The Spencer death scene :D How badly acted and put together was that? So OTT on the gore - not so much how much there was but how it was done. It looked crap basically.

The other death scene was 1000 times more effective.

Enjoyed it though.

• Like 1

Â