*spoilers* The Walking Dead *spoilers*

dont_do_it_doug.

Another crap episode where practically nothing happens. And what a naff way to get a bunch of main characters and strong fighters outside of the walls, so dumb.

- 'Hey Rick! Daryl left and then a bunch of your other best fighters went after him despite knowing better.'

- 'What?! We need people here to defend this place! Guess I better go too since Carol has also left at an opportune time. C'mon stick boy, you're tagging along as well. Carl can take care of this place.'

Dumb.

• Like 2

TV would be terrible if people did the right thing all the time though. In this episode at least, most decisions, specifically the one mentioned there made by Rick, are in keeping with the character. In fact, it would've made far less sense if he didn't go after Carol.

Very surprised they didn't use the method of getting people outside the Alexandria walls from the comics though, if memory serves Maggie wants to be safer and prefers Hilltop so a few of them take off and bump in to Negan? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hogso said:

TV would be terrible if people did the right thing all the time though. In this episode at least, most decisions, specifically the one mentioned there made by Rick, are in keeping with the character. In fact, it would've made far less sense if he didn't go after Carol.

Very surprised they didn't use the method of getting people outside the Alexandria walls from the comics though, if memory serves Maggie wants to be safer and prefers Hilltop so a few of them take off and bump in to Negan? 

Well the question is, whose blood is that? If its Daryls I am going to be pissed. It was  abit silly i think they know Negans coming yet they all want to go off, thought it was abit unrealistic. But I can only assume Negan is going to come after them and capture a load of them, and they will be saved by those who are "out and about"

I think Glenns safe for next week, I think it is going to be Abraham, Eugene of Daryl that is going to meet Lucille

12 hours ago, hogso said:

I do agree for the most part but they could have taken the two previous episodes and engineered something a little better than what they ultimately came up with to get a number of main players outside of the walls. It was just a bit ridiculous, especially so considering they're all smart enough to know what kind of a threat they're facing and Rick even brings attention to it before sodding off himself.

And what the hell is going on with Carol? It's ridiculous. She was so much better as a badass and now she's just reverting back to her whiny first season persona.

Really disappointed with this season as a whole. I am really looking forward to Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Negan though, I think he'll be great.

Thinking on it some more, I think in the comic Maggie wants to leave Alexandria because Hilltop have a doctor for the baby? Or did they already kill him? If not so it would've made even more sense for a group to leave to with her and Glenn now that Denise is dead! I thought that was the way it was going to go after Maggie and Carol 'escaped' and she told Glenn she 'couldnt do this anymore', or words to that effect.

Yeah Carol is a weird one. Understandably I suppose, they want to write in as many characters as possible in to the season finale where something is 'happening' with them. It's just unfortunate that, especially with Carol, it is coming off as a bit lame. It's almost like she's indestructable at this point  - which if they're playing that against her death in the next episode, I'd be fine with.

I'm going to go with the following deaths in the finale - Carol (for the reasons above), Morgan (one season guest character role makes sense, I think the trade off and conflict between him and Rick in their mentality story is done to death) and Rosita (boring nothing character, who is even less without Abraham, if that were possible).

Not sure about Glenn. I'm also not convinced all of the above will be at the hands of Negan either.

Daryl is shot and injured btw, if he isn't I will be very surprised and honestly saddened if he is dead. If not just for the reason I like the character a whole lot, but for the following that I've alluded to before - what follows are major comic book spoilers, don't read if you intend to read them, or if you want to run the risk that the TV show does the same future storyline

Spoiler

With Dwight being the Saviors' future leader and coming onside with Alexandria to take on The Whisperers, the conflict between him and Daryl and in turn Daryl and Rick would be intense. Daryl hates the dude and would never live/work alongside him. Imagine a Daryl heel turn! But I think he is too moral for that.

One more thing, I understand this is becoming an essay, which I didn't intend! I wonder if Coral will turn up and save the day with that Savior's pistol he nicked?

PS. I enjoyed the fan theory that Maggie's fetus died inside her, and is now eating his way out. Grim.

24 minutes ago, hogso said:

Thinking on it some more, I think in the comic Maggie wants to leave Alexandria because Hilltop have a doctor for the baby? Or did they already kill him? If not so it would've made even more sense for a group to leave to with her and Glenn now that Denise is dead! I thought that was the way it was going to go after Maggie and Carol 'escaped' and she told Glenn she 'couldnt do this anymore', or words to that effect.

Yeah Carol is a weird one. Understandably I suppose, they want to write in as many characters as possible in to the season finale where something is 'happening' with them. It's just unfortunate that, especially with Carol, it is coming off as a bit lame. It's almost like she's indestructable at this point  - which if they're playing that against her death in the next episode, I'd be fine with.

I'm going to go with the following deaths in the finale - Carol (for the reasons above), Morgan (one season guest character role makes sense, I think the trade off and conflict between him and Rick in their mentality story is done to death) and Rosita (boring nothing character, who is even less without Abraham, if that were possible).

Not sure about Glenn. I'm also not convinced all of the above will be at the hands of Negan either.

Daryl is shot and injured btw, if he isn't I will be very surprised and honestly saddened if he is dead. If not just for the reason I like the character a whole lot, but for the following that I've alluded to before - what follows are major comic book spoilers, don't read if you intend to read them, or if you want to run the risk that the TV show does the same future storyline

Hide contents

With Dwight being the Saviors' future leader and coming onside with Alexandria to take on The Whisperers, the conflict between him and Daryl and in turn Daryl and Rick would be intense. Daryl hates the dude and would never live/work alongside him. Imagine a Daryl heel turn! But I think he is too moral for that.

One more thing, I understand this is becoming an essay, which I didn't intend! I wonder if Coral will turn up and save the day with that Savior's pistol he nicked?

PS. I enjoyed the fan theory that Maggie's fetus died inside her, and is now eating his way out. Grim.

Carol has been lame this season I wouldnt care if she gets killed off. I like Morgan I hope they dont kill him off. As really he hasnt achieved much this series would have been pointless bringing him back just to kill him now. It wont be Rosita as Negan is known to be against rape and death to women. I think Daryl is the obvious candidate along with Abraham/Eugene. Be suprised if they went with Glenn

23 minutes ago, jon_c said:

So the only death they could do that no one would be expecting is to have someone kill Negan. 

You have more chance of Villa staying up than that happening. It would be an expected twist but the fans have been waiting for Negan would kill the show

I think the Carol thing is pretty good actually.  She was a beaten up woman at the start.  She was scared of everything, then something clicked and she went cold blooded killer.

Now, with all that's happened she doesn't see an end to the situation.  However, her "killer" instincts make her a very dangerous character.

Wouldn't surprise me if she killed one of "ours" in order to get away from them. 

• Like 1

Carol heel turn! Oh wow yes, I love that.

But it would be very hard for you to get your head around in regards to the characters motivations. I'm pretty certain she just wants to be on her own and get away from the killing of living things, which going to the Saviors would be the exact opposite of. But kill Morgan, after giving him her warning? Heck yes.

Edited by hogso

It's good for at least another 2/3 seasons, by which time enough material will be out for another 1/2...so yeah, course it could happen, but it would take a few years yet.

1 hour ago, hogso said:

It's good for at least another 2/3 seasons, by which time enough material will be out for another 1/2...so yeah, course it could happen, but it would take a few years yet.

Can they really drag Negan on for 3 seasons? i doubt it

On 29/03/2016 at 10:24, hogso said:

Ooh that's nice and dark.  I'd love that, but I'd be very surprised if they were brave enough to go there.

Â