2014 FIFA World Cup

BOF

A real shame but such a risk with him out injured from January.

Seen some people tipping Colombia to win this, wouldn't shock me if they bombed out of the groups, think they're being massively overrated as they seemed to slow up in the second half of the south American qualifiers.

I think the South American dark horse is Chile
Chile are a very good side but the draw has not been kind to them. I think they'll finish second in their group behind Spain but will then have Brazil second round. Edited by mikeyp102

All these qualifiers have been suspect, IMO. I'm very concerned that some of the minnows in the World Cup could have been gotten to. Players who don't make a lot of money on teams not expected to win would be prime candidates for cash payoffs.

What, you think they would pay the shit teams to lose on purpose?

More likely to be more specific bets than that, I.e. Make sure the over is reached, make sure you get this # of bookings, commit x number of fouls, etc if it were to happen with those teams.

All these qualifiers have been suspect, IMO. I'm very concerned that some of the minnows in the World Cup could have been gotten to. Players who don't make a lot of money on teams not expected to win would be prime candidates for cash payoffs.

Bribery and corruption in football? That's unpossible!

• Like 1

There was a rumour in one of the Sunday papers that Nigeria were going to be involved in some match fixing scam in the Iran WC game.

Edited by Voinjama

Italy 1-1 Luxembourg- 90 minutes.

I repeat are Italy massively bluffing this or is there another match fixing scandal brewing.....

its what Italy do at major tournaments when they are successful, they look crap in groups and in pre-friendlies

Ronaldo a major doubt for the World Cup

If that is true, that would be a huge shame. The biggest star and most marketable player in the world being injured on the eve of the tournament. It would be like Bolt being injured before the Olympics. 

I don't think, with tendinosis, there's anyway he'll be fit if he plays. You can play through tendinosis more than you can a muscle pull, but it's very limiting and he'll make it worse for the long run.

He must've been playing with it injured for weeks or months though, makes sense that he was somewhat ineffective in the UCL final.

Edited by Rovers13