2014 FIFA World Cup

BOF

Anyone knows why Miranda and the Atletico right back weren't called up to the Brazil squad? That pisses me off for some reason. What more can players do than be part of the best defence in La Liga and Europe?

I guess sometimes the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. Same was true for the Arsenal defence of the 90's.

Filipe Luis is left back not right back - Juanfran is on the right. Maxwell, Dante and Marcelo are already in the Brazil squad so they have the position covered well enough. He can consider himself unlucky though!

Sorry I meant left back.

Been looking at the various squads and I still can't find a squad as complete as Spain's. So much talent with no real weakness.

Have they got themselves a reliable referee again?

Been looking at the various squads and I still can't find a squad as complete as Spain's. So much talent with no real weakness.

Have they got themselves a reliable referee again?

What do you mean?

GTFO VA. Spain won 2010 wc fair and square, it wasn't anything like S Korea in 2002. Now that was dodgy.

Agree, South Korea paid all of the refs in that tournament. Goals were being ruled out for offside even though the striker was 5 yards behind the defender and South Korea players kung fu kicking players and getting away with it.

Is Diego Costa going to be and stay fit? If not they have no striker.

The midfield is getting on a bit. Iniesta 30, Xavi 34, Alonso 32, Carzola 29, Silva 28, Fabregas 27. You'd like a little youthful exuberance. Are they going to take enough risks to win games?  Thiago Al Cantara out injured is a miss.

Defence is talented going forward but leaky.

This Spanish team is not going to frighten the other big contenders.

He made a mistake with De Jong but does anyone ever mention Puyol taking out Robben when he was on his way to goal? Puyol was already on a yellow and you could argue that foul should have been a red, either way a definite yellow but no, he's allowed to carry on, our chance at goal gone.

How about sending off Heitinga for a fair shoulder barge? Iniesta was shrieking and signalling for a card on his way to the floor. Encouraging the referee to send another player off is against the rules but he got away with it and Heitinga was wrongly sent off.

Pretty much all 50/50s were awarded to Spain.

But the only thing people remember about that match is De Jong and that seems to have dirtied a great World Cup for the Netherlands. Came back to dump out Brazil. Van Bronckhorst scoring the goal of the tournament against Uruguay. No, forget all of that, the only thing that happened was De Jong kicked another player.

There were other instances, late on in the match the ball clearly went out for a Dutch corner but was incorrectly given as a goalkick.

In the build up to Spain's goal, someone, Afellay, I think, gets taken out and Webb ignores it.

But no... De Jong kicked Alonso so Spain won that fairly.

Pedro and Villa can still score goals plus all those midfielders can chip in too. Pique, Ramos, Alba and Juanfran is a pretty solid defence with a choice of Martinez, Busquet and Alonso to protect them.

The World Cup champions and back to back Euro winners will still worry any team.

It was in the World Cup final, of course people are going to remember it. Like the Zidane headbutt.

Of course, they remember the one moment, not all of Spain's dirty play though, of course not. They won, they can do no wrong.

• Like 1