2014 FIFA World Cup

BOF

Iniesta also took plenty of dives during that final. Players booked for time wasting. And that's just the final, they cheated their way through the whole tournament.

Ramos' dive against Portugal, threw himself to the floor clutching his face when no one was near him, even Ashley Young wouldn't have attempted that one. Got Costa sent off though.

Their goal against Portugal was offside.

Their penalty against Paraguay should have been retaken for having 3 men in the box.

im also sure Paraguay should have had another penalty just after they missed one

• Like 1

Kevin Volland has been cut from the Germany squad for the world cup which means Klose is their only actual striker going. He will turn 36 in 2 weeks time. I know Muller and Podolski can play there but it's not their favourite position. This is a huge risk by them. Possibly a quarter final exit which for Germany is poor. 

Edited by Voinjama

OK, I'm embarrassed now.   Seriously, I don't mind people being ignorant and not knowing anything... but just admit it.

I hate this shite. They do this for hours and edit it so only the idiots are left. It makes the United States look like they know nothing about football. There are a lot of people in the United States that know very little about the World Cup let alone the players in it, but there are also a lot of people who know a whole lot and would obviously know those questions were a farce.

It just makes people think Americans know very little when in reality, it probably took that guy hours to get just a few minutes of footage.

• Like 3

They should do this but with people here in NFL / NBA / MLB / NFL

It would be just as funny, I've got a mets shirt when I was on holiday just because I liked the shirt, I've managed to watch around 27 minutes of baseball in my life

Go round Brum find a kid with a team snap back hat on and ask him about that team...

I keep reading how the Stadiums are still not completed and that only 2 of the 12 are ready to go with only 10 days left. Some people are saying it's only minor touch ups but then there are Brasilians in the comments saying that many stadiums are not even fully constructed yet. I am not sure what to believe.

• Like 1

I keep reading how the Stadiums are still not completed and that only 2 of the 12 are ready to go with only 10 days left. Some people are saying it's only minor touch ups but then there are Brasilians in the comments saying that many stadiums are not even fully constructed yet. I am not sure what to believe.

It's an absolute shambles, I read a few days that Ronaldo (original) said that he only expects 30% of the promised infrastructure to be completed in time with the majority well over budget.

The thing is, football is a globally played sport, while American football is almost solely played in the US. That's why people mock Americans, because it seems they only know something about their own sports and nothing about sports played by literally everyone else. It's the typical 'Muricans don't know anything outside of the US' cliché.

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 1

Kevin Volland has been cut from the Germany squad for the world cup which means Klose is their only actual striker going. He will turn 36 in 2 weeks time. I know Muller and Podolski can play there but it's not their favourite position. This is a huge risk by them. Possibly a quarter final exit which for Germany is poor.

Germany play with a false-nine nowadays so they don't need many actual strikers.

As an American who is at a minimum, deluded, into thinking I know something about the sport.....

The USA vs. Turkey was alarming.  I still think it will be a miracle if we escape the group of death.  Klinsmann appears to be insisting on a RB playing CB, an LB at RB, and an RB at LB.  He's playing a diamond mid-field with the outside midfielders pinched in and the width coming from the full-backs, but the LM and LB could not get on the same page.  They got raped repeatedly.  They only gave up one goal, but that was because Turkey did not apparently bring any shooting boots on plane with them.  They hit more stuff off frame than Tonev.

On the attack, Dempsey remains the laziest player I ever saw on the international stage.  I cannot STAND players that walk around after they lose a ball.  If you lose it, you recover it !  Or you damn well drop back and defend until it's recovered.

I don't see a solution for the USA with this roster, but I would start by playing a few people where they are used to playing across the back line.  As much as many VIlla fans hate the 5 back I would be tempted to play.  5-1-2-2

-------------------------------Guzan (i know it will be Howard, but hey, I'm a Villan)

_______Cameron_____Gonzales_________Brooks (I don't trust Besler)

Chandler____________________________________Johnson

___________________Beckerman

__________Bradley________________Jones

______________Altidore____Johannsson

Klinsmann will never go for it.  I will admit that several are prone to real mental lapses (Chandler and Brooks).  But if we don't overplay the defense we're going to ship goals like a sieve.

He will never go without Dempsey, and given the goals and creativity I can't disagree, but the laziness still drives me to drink.  Speaking of which, it may be the only way a US fan can survive this world cup.

(or a villa fan can survive this summer  :)  )

Been looking at the various squads and I still can't find a squad as complete as Spain's. So much talent with no real weakness.

Is Diego Costa going to be and stay fit? If not they have no striker.

The midfield is getting on a bit. Iniesta 30, Xavi 34, Alonso 32, Carzola 29, Silva 28, Fabregas 27. You'd like a little youthful exuberance. Are they going to take enough risks to win games?  Thiago Al Cantara out injured is a miss.

Defence is talented going forward but leaky.

This Spanish team is not going to frighten the other big contenders.

They have won major tournaments without a striker before!

Xavi might be getting on a bit but nothing from the others suggests they are not as good as before. Koke is the young legs but I am surprised Navas wasn't selected. He has that extra burst of pace that can stretch teams. 

As for your last comment - ridiculous. Spain will frighten every major team there. Their pedigree is undoubted

As an American who is at a minimum, deluded, into thinking I know something about the sport.....

The USA vs. Turkey was alarming.  I still think it will be a miracle if we escape the group of death.  Klinsmann appears to be insisting on a RB playing CB, an LB at RB, and an RB at LB.  He's playing a diamond mid-field with the outside midfielders pinched in and the width coming from the full-backs, but the LM and LB could not get on the same page.  They got raped repeatedly.  They only gave up one goal, but that was because Turkey did not apparently bring any shooting boots on plane with them.  They hit more stuff off frame than Tonev.

On the attack, Dempsey remains the laziest player I ever saw on the international stage.  I cannot STAND players that walk around after they lose a ball.  If you lose it, you recover it !  Or you damn well drop back and defend until it's recovered.

I don't see a solution for the USA with this roster, but I would start by playing a few people where they are used to playing across the back line.  As much as many VIlla fans hate the 5 back I would be tempted to play.  5-1-2-2

-------------------------------Guzan (i know it will be Howard, but hey, I'm a Villan)

_______Cameron_____Gonzales_________Brooks (I don't trust Besler)

Chandler____________________________________Johnson

___________________Beckerman

__________Bradley________________Jones

______________Altidore____Johannsson

Klinsmann will never go for it.  I will admit that several are prone to real mental lapses (Chandler and Brooks).  But if we don't overplay the defense we're going to ship goals like a sieve.

He will never go without Dempsey, and given the goals and creativity I can't disagree, but the laziness still drives me to drink.  Speaking of which, it may be the only way a US fan can survive this world cup.

(or a villa fan can survive this summer  :)  )

Jurgen is garbage. Since moving back to the states, I have really been following USA again. If I were coach, I'd be fielding:

----------------Altidore----------------------------

-------------------------Dempsey----------------

---Donovan----------------------------Zusi----

---------------Bradley---Jones------------------

-Johnson-Cameron-Gonzalez--Chandler-

--------------------Guzan--------------------------

Still a mediocre team, but it could surprise a few. I don't understand how Besler is even with the national team. He is always out of position, weak, and his passing is not that great.