2014 FIFA World Cup

BOF

Landon Donovan axed from the USA squad. Fat, lazy, and entitled...not a good combination when trying to make a good impression. See ya, Landon.

I don't know why you say fat, lazy and entitled. Surely you can't mean Donovan is any of those things because then you would be wrong.

He's overweight (fat), and was unwilling to play for the team during qualification (lazy) because he thought he could walk right back into the team this spring based on reputation alone (entitled). I stand by my comment.

He's still one of your better players. Taking players who have played less games in their career than he has scored World Cup goals is mental. I stand by my opinion that Klinsmann is awful though, so this doesn't surprise me one bit.

Edited by kurtsimonw

He's still one of your better players. Taking players who have played less games in their career than he has scored World Cup goals is mental. I stand by my opinion that Klinsmann is awful though, so this doesn't surprise me one bit.

The brass know that we most likely will not even advance out of our group, so the theory is why not bleed some of the youth in a major tournament, giving them valuable experience for future tournaments...Donavan was most likely only going to be used as a sub anyway, so the whole thing is being overblown somewhat. 

Landon Donovan axed from the USA squad. Fat, lazy, and entitled...not a good combination when trying to make a good impression. See ya, Landon.

I don't know why you say fat, lazy and entitled. Surely you can't mean Donovan is any of those things because then you would be wrong.

He's overweight (fat), and was unwilling to play for the team during qualification (lazy) because he thought he could walk right back into the team this spring based on reputation alone (entitled). I stand by my comment.

I was in LA 2 months ago and saw Donovan live and he is far from fat. If he is considered fat, then I am pretty sure the vast majority of the world would be considered grossly overweight. He went on a sabbatical because he lost motivation to play (aka a mid-life crisis). He accepted the fact that his actions had consequences and earned his way back to the USA squad in the 2013 Gold Cup where he was absolutely fantastic. He then elected to skip out on a few friendlies due to fatigue or nagging injuries. He in no way thought he could walk back into the team as he stated countless times. He knew that he was no longer considered an automatic selection, but I still believe Jurgen Klinsmann really messed this one up. If Bilek didn't pick Rosicky when he was in poor club form, there would have been massive outrage. Germany also did that last world cup I believe with Klose who was in poor form and not even playing but somehow started the world cup matches.

Edited by Czechlad

in what world is that classified as fat?

The football world, methinks  :P

Judging by his response to being left out, it seems like he was certain he'd make the team despite not putting in a full effort to be involved and be fit enough to be considered a positive attribute to the setup.

Edited by maqroll

US squad looks very average to me...Altidore is still the starting striker right...thought they looked better in 2010 when poor tactics from Bradley cost them a quarter final place imo.

Think they'll finish bottom of the group.

Not only is he learning forward, but in what world is that classified as fat?! Just because he does not have six pack abs, does not mean he is suddenly fat.

nDTRASi.jpg

• Like 3

Not only is he learning forward, but in what world is that classified as fat?! Just because he does not have six pack abs, does not mean he is suddenly fat.

nDTRASi.jpg

On that photo he does look fat

US squad looks very average to me...Altidore is still the starting striker right...thought they looked better in 2010 when poor tactics from Bradley cost them a quarter final place imo.

Think they'll finish bottom of the group.

The referee from Chad was the one who cost us 

Referee from Chad, which game? For the Ghana game the ref was from Hungary.

Either way I think USA will get 0 points in this world cup. Carrying on the same pattern that they have followed since 1990, qualify for knock out stage, then don't, qualify for knockout stage, then don't.etc