2014 FIFA World Cup

BOF

Argentina doesn't have the best defense either...

Demichelis, Garay and Zabaleta. Three pretty good defenders there. Who is their leftback? 

I'm not sure if he is first choice or not but possibly Marcos Rojo.

Edited by Voinjama

Donovan looks in awful shape for a professional footballer, no surprise he isn't going. 

The US team to me looks like it always has - full of athletic, hard working players but little in the way of real quality and skill. No way they get through that group. 

Scored 2 goals and got an assist last night. Looked very fit there....

No, it's just cause the union are beyond awful. I watch almost every weak. They're so poor this year

Don't completely discredit a good match by the Galaxy. You say Philly were poor, but I also saw a very hardworking midfield from LA who put a lot of pressure on Philly causing them to turn the ball over. 

No, it's just cause the union are beyond awful. I watch almost every weak. They're so poor this year

Don't completely discredit a good match by the Galaxy. You say Philly were poor, but I also saw a very hardworking midfield from LA who put a lot of pressure on Philly causing them to turn the ball over.

Fair enough, the galaxy were pretty good. But I just have trouble giving too much credit to any union opponent right now. And excelling against a side this poor doesn't mean you're fit enough for the World Cup.

Really starting to get psyched for this now. Just gonna be awesome, really hope the tournament goes well but I can't shake the feeling that something wrong is gonna happen. Like a stand falling apart or or something like that. Or just general crazy stuff.

Honestly, I wonder how people in Brazil really feel about the world cup. No doubt there is a lot of opinions on it but is it that bad? We already know that the whole thing is pretty **** financially but is there really much uproar or are we talking about certain groups?

Still, it's the world cup. Literally the best thing about football, it's hard not to get excited about that.

• Like 1

Argentina never produce goal keeper of good quality. The last one was probably Goycochea, and even he ended up a flop.

You're right, they haven't produced a good keeper for a long time. who could forget the hilarious German Burgos.

Willy Caballero's a great goalkeeper but can't seem to get into the side.

On his day, he really might be the best in the world. He makes insane saves... But he also makes some bad gaffes, and these would he magnifies in a World Cup.

Really starting to get psyched for this now. Just gonna be awesome, really hope the tournament goes well but I can't shake the feeling that something wrong is gonna happen. Like a stand falling apart or or something like that. Or just general crazy stuff.

Honestly, I wonder how people in Brazil really feel about the world cup. No doubt there is a lot of opinions on it but is it that bad? We already know that the whole thing is pretty **** financially but is there really much uproar or are we talking about certain groups?

Still, it's the world cup. Literally the best thing about football, it's hard not to get excited about that.

The police will clamp down at the slightest hint of a protest. It's strange to reconcile the fact that there will be millions of Brazilians who don't even want the World Cup there. I reckon we won't see much of that dissension from our living rooms, but for traveling fans, things could get spicy. As for stadiums falling apart, it's a nightmare I don't even want to think about.

I really want to attend a World Cup, but this is one I would definitely avoid even if given tickets for free. I don't want to worry about my safety while watching football. I imagine there will be mass protests and I wouldn't exactly feel safe in the stadiums.

This is definitely one of those world cups where you are better off staying at home and watching on TV, with 3 stadiums and 12 airports not ready, size of the country etc etc. 

Same for Russia in 4 years time, and South Africa 4 years ago, and Qatar. In fact most world cups past, present and future you are better off just watching at home, European world cups and Japorea are the exceptions 

• Like 1

England hotel has over 180kg worth of food confiscated because it's out of date and unfit for human consumption. Is this a WC 1970 style sabotage attempt by the hosts.

Anyway no more negativity from me 16 days to go. Can't wait. 

Edited by Voinjama

This is definitely one of those world cups where you are better off staying at home and watching on TV, with 3 stadiums and 12 airports not ready, size of the country etc etc. 

Same for Russia in 4 years time, and South Africa 4 years ago, and Qatar. In fact most world cups past, present and future you are better off just watching at home, European world cups and Japorea are the exceptions 

My father went to the one in the USA and he loved it. Although he had family in Los Angeles so that might have impacted his enjoyment. Russia doesn't seem too bad as long as you stick to one city. It's true that Russia is a massive nation, but if you just plan on attending one stadium then it should be fine.