2014 FIFA World Cup

BOF

Three-minute water breaks planned for certain matches in which broadcasters can screen adverts from FIFA's partners.

"ITV maintained on Friday that they had “yet to decide” whether to sell ads during games" (Mirror, 2014)

However, from their POV I am struggling to see why they would not

The adverts would be a welcome break from Andy Townsend.

A very poor FA Cup Final performance, which was particularly disappointing after his controlled and well-paced Europa League final.

Oh come on, look at it from his point of view. Of course it's going to hurt. If he didn't care people would say ''oh these multi millionaire footballers only care about money'' etc

From his point of view, he played in many of the qualifiers and contributed towards England getting there, and then when the squad is announced, he is not there but someone who didn't play in any of the qualifiers is.

p.s I'm not saying Hodgson made the wrong decision.

He left the Premier League to join the MLS 6 months before a WC. Effectively he retired from club football!. Hodgson was right not to pick him. Defoe only has himself to blame. 

• Like 3

Defoe was assured by Hodgson his move to the MLS would not impact on his decision. Defoe wouldn't have gone to Toronto FC if he knew the move would mean he is not in the squad.

Well if that is the case then he wasn't going to pick him regardless!  ;)

Edited by Xela

I shall be going to Brazil as a result of this weeks developments. I don't want dengue fever.

You'll be fine...

Maybe get some jabs?

Never mind dengue fever, its getting stabbed or shot by the locals i'd be most worried about  ;)

There's no jabs, but at that time if year and in that part if the country risk is low.

Erm yeah I've done a fair bit of research on Rio. Eek!

Edited by Wainy316

I don't think I'd even go to Brazil for free. I've seen loads of videos about what the locals are like.

Good luck Wainy, I hope we will be able to play BF4 again some day.

BF will probably serve as good training for survival on the streets of Rio/São Paulo.

• Like 2