2014 FIFA World Cup

BOF

You're probably right, just remember to take your Carbine with you, and more importantly your medpacks.

I'll let one of your mates take my defibrillator just incase too.

• Like 1

Potential malaria risk in Manaus. It just gets better.

That's always been the case though, it's beyond the Amazon isn't it? You just need anti malarial tablets.

Yeah I've done a bit of research on Manaus since England were drawn there. It's properly in the middle of the rainforest. Civilisation seems hundreds of miles away. Communications are not very good there. I'm surprised they have taken the cup there to be honest.

I shall be going to Brazil as a result of this weeks developments. I don't want dengue fever.

Would you be able to bring an innocent package back to the UK from my relatives in Rio...?

• Like 3

Tim Vickery a journalist for South American football says the Germany Ghana game in Fortaleza is apparently a serious health risk. Early afternoon kick off in the North East of Brazil. Mexico Cameroon in Natal too.

That's always been the case though, it's beyond the Amazon isn't it? You just need anti malarial tablets.

Yeah I've done a bit of research on Manaus since England were drawn there. It's properly in the middle of the rainforest. Civilisation seems hundreds of miles away. Communications are not very good there. I'm surprised they have taken the cup there to be honest.

It's another excuse for them flatten the rainforest in there

Very random question but why was Schwarzer not in goal for the final group match for Australia against Croatia? Was he injured or dropped? Was watching highlights and noticed Kalac was in goal. I'm referring to the game where our very own Graham Poll gave 3 yellows in the same match to Simunic.

Very random question but why was Schwarzer not in goal for the final group match for Australia against Croatia? Was he injured or dropped? Was watching highlights and noticed Kalac was in goal. I'm referring to the game where our very own Graham Poll gave 3 yellows in the same match to Simunic.

Think they dropped him in place of Kalac due to performance.

Three-minute water breaks planned for certain matches in which broadcasters can screen adverts from FIFA's partners.

"ITV maintained on Friday that they had “yet to decide” whether to sell ads during games" (Mirror, 2014)

However, from their POV I am struggling to see why they would not

They'll probably plug their own stuff in there instead

tourism and politics. some of the stadiums are not tourist hotspots like Manaus, Natal and Brasilia and they got games to increase tourism to these places and more football related cities are getting fewer games like Porto Alegre

Hiddink dropped him for some reason.

Kalac was a hopeless goalkeeper, laughable Milan signed him and he always made errors for them.