2014 FIFA World Cup

BOF

Yea in that 2nd photo he does look he added some weight. Still not "fat" but the typical footballer is normally thin and muscular. 

That is not the belly of a pro footballer.

Bob Bradley's useless tactics at the last world cup did for U.S.A, playing 4-4-2 and consigning Donovan and Dempsey to the wings so he could play useless strikers like Edson Buddle, Robbie Finlay and Hercules Gomez upfront. In the groups they got a credible 1-1 with England but were being dismantled 2-0 by mightly Slovenia when he changed it back to 4-3-3 to allow his son to bomb forward and it worked....so he played 4-4-2 v Ghana which was a missed opportunity for the U.S given the way the draw panned out.

Referee from Chad, which game? For the Ghana game the ref was from Hungary.

Either way I think USA will get 0 points in this world cup. Carrying on the same pattern that they have followed since 1990, qualify for knock out stage, then don't, qualify for knockout stage, then don't.etc

Sorry, Mali*

But USA still topped the group and therefore had the easier game, against Ghana, rather then playing Germany like England had to. The referee was definitely crap in that game though. USA  should have won.

Ghana are our boogey team, they always beat us. We play better against Germany, actually. Not that it matters, the officials still screw us over in the end-

I think Germany are USA's bogey team too. Defeats in 2 world cup's in a row. Would have been a defeat either way against Germany or Ghana for the USA.

Edited by Voinjama

USA are sending a poor and inexperienced squad this time, combine that with the tough group I actually think they will be the 31st placed team at these finals. Lets revisit this quote at the end of the group stage.

Edited by Voinjama

The one thing in our favor is that the team always has strong spirit and relatively little pressure to achieve anything at all, ever. Where some countries crumble under the pressure, USA avoids all that madness.

Donovan looks in awful shape for a professional footballer, no surprise he isn't going. 

The US team to me looks like it always has - full of athletic, hard working players but little in the way of real quality and skill. No way they get through that group. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I said it earlier in this topic, they are my tip to be the surprise team. They are a decent team and have been knocking on the door of tournaments for ages. Only France, Spain and Portugal stopped them. Second highest scorers in the European section too. I predict a Bosnia vs France 2nd round match.

Yeah, they're my team after I went to Sarajevo and Mostar last year. Without doubt the most beautiful country I've ever been too.

Problem is, they're pretty weak out wide and in the fullback positions so they're pretty limited to narrow formations with pretty a direct style. Reckon they'll get out the group, the Nigeria team looks really poor and I can't see Iran offering much. 

Dzeko at 100/1 top goalscorer is worth a quid each way I reckon. He was unbelievable for Bosnia against USA when I saw them, he is the guy for them. Could easily get 3 or 4 in the two games against Nigeria and Iran I reckon.

Edited by Milfner

Looking through the Nigeria squad, I don't recognise half their player's. Back in the 90s their squad was a who's who of European talent at top clubs. Of course just because I haven't heard of them that doesn't mean they're not good.

Arg

Bos H

Nig

Ira