2014 FIFA World Cup

BOF

Woy's already managed to piss off the mayor of Manaus, "We would prefer that England doesn't come. We hope to get a better team and a coach who is more sensible and polite. He's one of the few people in the world who is not curious about the Amazon, who doesn't want to know Manaus."  :)

Woy's already managed to piss off the mayor of Manaus, "We would prefer that England doesn't come. We hope to get a better team and a coach who is more sensible and polite. He's one of the few people in the world who is not curious about the Amazon, who doesn't want to know Manaus."  :)

Brazilians are like that, they get all sensitive. Roy just needs to get up there, hug with the mayor, have his photo taken with a half naked guy holding a spear, and then the whole of Amazonia will want England to win.

Or just follow the Brazilian tradition and give the mayor a bung ;)

Just for the lulz, again

sun_easy_worldcup.jpg

100587hp2.jpg

This says it all really.

I reckon we're going to stun people in this World Cup group. All the arrogance has gone. We're a rubbish nation but we're going to surprise people i reckon (hope)

Italy frankly aren't very good and Uruguay certainly aren't that good outside of their strike force. England, with all the investment in the game and the hype-jobs wearing the shirt should get out of that group.

The nation will stay up till 4am to watch England get a scrappy 0-0 draw

I won't.

Nor me.

But then I doubt whether I will watch the other games as well, unless there is Villa involvement of course.

That sounds about right!

World Cup 2014 Fixtures Days in order Dates Times THU 12 JUN Brazil V Croatia 21:00 FRI 13 JUN Mexico V Cameroon 17:00 Spain V Netherlands 20:00 Chile V Australia 23:00 SAT 14 JUN Colombia V Greece 17:00 Uruguay V Costa Rica 20:00 England V Italy 23:00 Ivory Coast V Japan 2:00 SUN 15 JUN Switzerland V Ecuador 17:00 France V Honduras 20:00 Argentina V Bosnia-Hercegovina 23:00 MON 16 JUN Iran V Nigeria 20:00 Germany V Portugal 17:00 Ghana V USA 23:00 TUE 17 JUN Brazil V Mexico 20:00 Belgium V Algeria 17:00 Russia V South Korea 23:00 WED 18 JUN Australia V Netherlands 17:00 Spain V Chile 20:00 Cameroon V Croatia 23:00 THU 19 JUN Colombia V Ivory Coast 17:00 Japan V Greece 23:00 Uruguay V England 20:00 FRI 20 JUN Italy V Costa Rica 17:00 Switzerland V France 20:00 Honduras V Ecuador 23:00 SAT 21 JUN Argentina V Iran 17:00 Nigeria V Bosnia-Hercegovina 23:00 Germany V Ghana 20:00 SUN 22 JUN Belgium V Russia 17:00 South Korea V Algeria 20;00 USA V Portugal 23:00 MON 23 JUN Cameroon V Brazil 21:00 Croatia V Mexico 21:00 Australia V Spain 17:00 Netherlands V Chile 17:00 TUE 24 JUN Greece V Ivory Coast 21:00 Japan V Colombia 21:00 Costa Rica V England 17:00 Italy V Uruguay 17:00 WED 25 JUN Ecuador V France 21:00 Honduras V Switzerland 21:00 Bosnia-Hercegovina V Iran 17:00 Nigeria V Argentina 17:00 THU 26 JUN Portugal V Ghana 17:00 USA V Germany 17:00 Algeria V Russia 21:00 South Korea V Belgium 21:00

Edited by andykeenan

Just for the lulz, again

sun_easy_worldcup.jpg

100587hp2.jpg

This says it all really.

I reckon we're going to stun people in this World Cup group. All the arrogance has gone. We're a rubbish nation but we're going to surprise people i reckon (hope)

That's very strange logic. Teams don't stop being shit just because their fans and media outlets finally realise that they are shit. We are going into this tournament with low expectations for a reason.

We are going into this tournament with low expectations for a reason.

Yes, and the reason, I'd say, lies in the self-deprecatory nature of you Brits.

It's always "our weather is shit, our women are shit, our national team are shit"

I'll go hide under a table now :)

If Italy aren't that good, then who is good? However, I agree on Uruguay, I think they'll crash out in the group stage, they have a really weak squad minus a top five player in the world (Suarez) and cavani.

Edited by Rovers13

6pm rather than a 9pm kick off

anyone know what thats likely to do to the temperature? im guessing maybe 5 degrees warmer and more humid?

going to be great fun chasing the ball for 90 minutes in that, the italians will drain all the pace out of the game and pick us off, played right in to their style of play, stupid decision by the FA, cant see how thats been made for football reasons, and if its not been made for football reasons then what does that say about our FA?

Edited by villa4europe

We are going into this tournament with low expectations for a reason.

Yes, and the reason, I'd say, lies in the self-deprecatory nature of you Brits.

It's always "our weather is shit, our women are shit, our national team are shit"

I'll go hide under a table now :)

Nah. We have always gone into tournaments with huge optimism. Some people are now thinking that perhaps because we used to think we would win and always lost, perhaps this time because we think we will lose the team will actually win. Football doesn't work like that.

6pm rather than a 9pm kick off

anyone know what thats likely to do to the temperature? im guessing maybe 5 degrees warmer and more humid?

going to be great fun chasing the ball for 90 minutes in that, the italians will drain all the pace out of the game and pick us off, played right in to their style of play, stupid decision by the FA, cant see how thats been made for football reasons, and if its not been made for football reasons then what does that say about our FA?

May as well get it out of the way early so St Andros can get to saving some children!

Edited by Nigel