2014 FIFA World Cup

BOF

Not sure if this has been already posted but a twitter page posted how the groups were already chosen/made before the event. https://twitter.com/FraudeMundial14. It listed Argentina's group a day before the 'live' draw. Surely this corruption has to be looked into.

Wow. If this translation is correct this should be interesting!

https://twitter.com/LfcDan/status/409061282457722880/photo/1/large

USA will advance. They are better than Ghana and Portugal.

The USA aren't better then Portugal at all. In fact I'm struggling to think of any of their players that would even get into the Portugal team.

Not sure if this has been already posted but a twitter page posted how the groups were already chosen/made before the event. https://twitter.com/FraudeMundial14. It listed Argentina's group a day before the 'live' draw. Surely this corruption has to be looked into.

Wow. If this translation is correct this should be interesting!

https://twitter.com/LfcDan/status/409061282457722880/photo/1/large

But we physically saw the ex players pick the ball out of the pots. Secondly is that the only group they got correct.

Edited by Voinjama

If they only got 1 group right there is nothing to see here. I did the predictor thing and I got one of the groups right and 7 of them wrong. I got the Belgium, Russia, Algeria, Korea group right.

As much as I hate FIFA and how corrupt they are, we saw the ex players pick the balls out of the pots. There is no way this was rigged.

Hey villaajax what are your opinions on the group? Group of death again or not?

It's not an easy group but A or G would have been worse I think.

Yeah Australia are the worst side at this world cup, so that's a guarantee of 3 points.

I don't think Australia are awful. Now Honduras, there's a rubbish team.

Just for perspective for Villa fans, Brett Holman is one of our top players.

Safe to say the 2006 golden era we had with Kewell, Viduka, Emerton, Bresciano and a young Cahill is well in the past now. We have a lot of okay players but zero in the way of top quality.

Us getting out of our group would be the unlikeliest Australian result since Stephen Bradbury and would take a similar amount good teams falling over.

I would fancy us to sneak something if we had Japan's group.

Australia is the lowest ranked team in the finals but not the worst despite recent results. We would beat Honduras and have recently beaten Costa Rica and are comfortably better than Iran.

We have a good record against Holland but Spain will humiliate us I fear.

Holman may not make our team at this stage. He was overlooked for the recent Costa Rica friendly.

The new coach trends to play with deep midfielders and fast wide attackers so Holman may not fit into the system.

The USA aren't better then Portugal at all. In fact I'm struggling to think of any of their players that would even get into the Portugal team.
Guzan but I think that's about it. Maybe altidore if he started to tear up the prem because Portugal are always short on strikers.

Edit: damnit mantis, didn't see your Guzan post. ;)

Edited by Rovers13

Just for the lulz, again

sun_easy_worldcup.jpg

100587hp2.jpg

This says it all really.

I reckon we're going to stun people in this World Cup group. All the arrogance has gone. We're a rubbish nation but we're going to surprise people i reckon (hope)

512x.jpg

Oops...

giveup.gif

I agree, Spoony, an England side going into a major tournament with very few expectations of success and less pressure than maybe ever before might just bode well for them. But whatever team Hodgson puts out there has very little chance of beating the likes of even Belgium. Shame Aaron Ramsey is Welsh. Bale too. Maybe a British team would be the way to go  :)