2014 FIFA World Cup

BOF

Italy don't have better players than England but they play as a team a lot better.

I actually think if England lose to Italy they are almost out straight away, they will have to go and beat Uruguay and I cant see Jags and Cahill keeping out Suarez and Cavani.

Italy don't have better players than England but they play as a team a lot better.

I actually think if England lose to Italy they are almost out straight away, they will have to go and beat Uruguay and I cant see Jags and Cahill keeping out Suarez and Cavani.

Yes its a game both teams can ill-afford to loose so it might well be a draw

USA will advance. They are better than Ghana and Portugal. 

But Portugal have the best player in the world. Don't see how USA can be better than them!

Ronaldo does not perform as well as he does for Portugal as he does for club. The difference is the quality of players around him on both teams, I could see USA just putting Donovan and Cameron on defensive duties to shut down Ronaldo then Portugal will be toothless. Portugal without Ronaldo is a very average team. Jurgen also knows Germany very well and it wouldn't surprise me if they manage a surprise victory especially since they play each in game 3 meaning Germany likely would have qualified already so they will probably rest some players. Also I think USA will beat Ghana pretty comfortably this time around. Last world cup they should have beaten Ghana but their manager got it all wrong. 

But Portugal have the best player in the world. Don't see how USA can be better than them!

Ronaldo does not perform as well as he does for Portugal as he does for club. The difference is the quality of players around him on both teams, I could see USA just putting Donovan and Cameron on defensive duties to shut down Ronaldo then Portugal will be toothless. Portugal without Ronaldo is a very average team. Jurgen also knows Germany very well and it wouldn't surprise me if they manage a surprise victory especially since they play each in game 3 meaning Germany likely would have qualified already so they will probably rest some players. Also I think USA will beat Ghana pretty comfortably this time around. Last world cup they should have beaten Ghana but their manager got it all wrong. 

He did get a hat-trick against Sweden. I think you over-rate the USA! 

Sweden is awful outside of Ibrahimovic. Look at their defenders and midfielders. It's not very hard to score against them. 

I think everyone underrates USA. They are a very organized team and are extremely fit. It's tough to break them down. 

Yes its a game both teams can ill-afford to loose so it might well be a draw

Very true, 11/5 on the draw, will have to check that again in a few months I think.

Sweden is awful outside of Ibrahimovic. Look at their defenders and midfielders. It's not very hard to score against them. 

I think everyone underrates USA. They are a very organized team and are extremely fit. It's tough to break them down. 

Didn't Belgium beat them pretty easily. I know it was only a friendly! Donovan is a little past is best isn't he. Guess fitness and organisation will get you so far but I think Ronaldo will destroy them myself.

Didn't Belgium beat them pretty easily. I know it was only a friendly! Donovan is a little past is best isn't he. Guess fitness and organisation will get you so far but I think Ronaldo will destroy them myself.

Belgium did beat them but USA also beat Germany, Bosnia, Italy, Scotland, and tied Russia in friendlies recently. I guess we will see in the summer, but I don't think Ronaldo will lead Portugal to glory as everyone believes. 

Belgium did beat them but USA also beat Germany, Bosnia, Italy, Scotland, and tied Russia in friendlies recently. I guess we will see in the summer, but I don't think Ronaldo will lead Portugal to glory as everyone believes. 

i totally agree with you! Portugal at best will make the last 8 but I think last 16 is more likely. 

Yep. Has to happen sometime!

There's a couple groups that are risky but always like doing this bet.

You might as well stick Uruguay in as well.

I know little about international football. Teams I wouldn't trust there are Colombia, France and Belgium. 

Yep. Has to happen sometime!

There's a couple groups that are risky but always like doing this bet.

You might as well stick Uruguay in as well.

I know little about international football. Teams I wouldn't trust there are Colombia, France and Belgium. 

More worried about Spain/Holland.

Colombia have Ivory Coast, Japan and Greece and they have a few good players, most of the team play for decent league sides too.

France is risky but they have such an easy group. Providing they don't lose to Switzerland they should win that group.

Same with Belgium, avoid defeat to Russia and the other two wont be a problem.

It can often come down to a game or two turning this bet, but at those odds I like it. You can also do it with teams just to qualify from the group which I will look at later.

I just wonder if England will do better this time round than they did the last time precisely because of how tough the group looks. The pressure will be off and that could very well lead to some good performances. England didn't do too badly the last time they got dealt a bad hand in the group stage (2002).

• Like 1