• Sylla
    • Tonev
    • Kozak
    • Benteke
    • El Ahmadi
    • Agbonlahor (for Kozak 57)
    • Delph (for Sylla 57)
    • Weimann (for Tonev 57)

Ben I was labelling you with anything - your bollox comment was somewhat wrong . As said your views differ from mine no real biggie .

Anyway I have to get back to giving work to our mutual friend can't have him slacking :-)

Is that Chico as your avatar drat01?

One of my first "Villa Hero's" :-)

• Like 1

Was at the Hawthorns yesterday, that is now 15 times I have seen Villa play and still no defeats, and that is the honest truth. Saw myself in the crowd too, just behind the disabled section in the away end. Was actually a decent game, very impressed with Al Ahmaadi (sp) in the second half.

I think the club should buy me a season ticket, I am clearly a good luck charm.

• Like 2

your point is right, pick up points when you are not playing very well.

but, my fear is we are going down to low levels of performance, I thought we had progressed away from.

Ben I was labelling you with anything - your bollox comment was somewhat wrong . As said your views differ from mine no real biggie .

Anyway I have to get back to giving work to our mutual friend can't have him slacking :-)

We are showing our age here  :(

In the words of the Churchill dog - Ohhhh Yesssss - Chesterfield away first match in Div 3 - I was a kid then tough honestly :-)

In the words of the Churchill dog - Ohhhh Yesssss - Chesterfield away first match in Div 3 - I was a kid then tough honestly :-)

Yes my first away match was Notts County away in div 3. My dad took me. I begged him all week. I think there was 35,000 packed into meadow lane that day. 3-0 villa

Just read through the comments having been at the game last night. Can't understand the fuss about not starting with Gabby, Delph and Andi, as HH states they were running out of steam before the final whistle which is why we couldn't press for the winner.

First half Albion were quicker and sharper - there was no tempo to our play. Despite Tonev's pile driver, he was a passenger in midfield as he was static and allowed their players to run past him on several occassions. He's not ready for the intensity of a derby game. 

We desperately need our full backs fit as neither Clark or Baker can play there. Long had so much time to control what was a hoof ball from the back for his first goal whereas every time we had possession they were snapping at our feet.

Overall pleased with a point after an awful first 20 mins. Albion are an average team and we'll finish above them at the end of the season.

• Like 1

A continuation of our simply brilliant away record going back more than a year now, to 2oth October 2012, of having lost away only to Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal, and Man City.

A great platform and a great indicator of the character of the Team.

• Like 2

Is this the same Paul Lambert who has stuck with Wiemann through a terrible patch of form all season until injury?

The same Paul Lambert who is clearly looking to build his midfield around Delph (the only ever present when fit).

The same Gabby Agbonlahor who was supposed to be out for another two weeks...

Some of the comments in this thread are absolutely laughable.

• Like 2

Guzan: 6 - not sure he could do anything about the goals
Baker: 4 - Poor 
Clark: 5 - Got better as he grew into the game
Vlaar: 8 - Easily our best player
Bacuna: 5 - Error aside he did ok
Sylla: 4 - No first touch or urgency
KEA: 7 - One of his better games for us and great goal, starting to attack and pass forward as well as harrassing players and losing possesion alot
Westwood: 7 - Great work rate and good goal
Tonev: 6 - his shots are at least now on target and he looks dangerous, still lacks composure and good decision making
Kozak: 7 - The best striker on the night
Benteke: 5 - Won a lot of headers but still waaaay off the pace

subs: Weimann: 7 - Provided urgency and threat
Gabby: 6 - looked up for it
Delph: 6 - Got heavily involved

It seems fairly simplistic to not credit lambert for the progress and improvement of Delph, Weimann and gabby. Just because he didn't buy them doesn't mean that they aren't his players or that when they play well, it doesn't count as a gold mark on his record.

And Guzan definitely needs to be accredited to lambert. He was 100% gone before lambert got in touch.

• Like 1

Clark playing left back really is a no no. The number of times first half we got forward and got the ball out to the left flank to find its Clark we're asking to take on a man or whip a cross in is so frustrating. On the other flank Bacunas crossing was quite poor but I just put that down to a bad day at the office.

So the song...

"We know what we are, we know what we are, pride of the midlands, we know what we are"

At what point did we stop singing that and they started too?

Was it when they last beat us, or when they finished above us in the league? 

There really wasn't much else we could have done with the defense though. Other than playing 3-5-2. But that's a bit risky IMO. If Lambert had the choice Clark would not be playing LB. Could Lowton do a job there? Not sure. 

Â