• Tonev
    • Kozak
    • Benteke
    • El Ahmadi
    • Agbonlahor (for Kozak 57)
    • Delph (for Sylla 57)
    • Weimann (for Tonev 57)

Benteke needs dropping

There's so much wrong with that I don't know where to start.

Villa fans never fail to amaze me.
he needs a kick up the arse and to start grafting again... He also needs to learn defenders are now going to be touch tight to hik and its not a foul every time someone touches him

That opening 60 mins is a complete piss take.

I would imagine a lot of teams in the league would be pretty bad without 4 of there first choice starting 11 to be fair.

Who am I missing? Delph, Gabby, Weimann, Luna and.....?

I would imagine a lot of teams in the league would be pretty bad without 4 of there first choice starting 11 to be fair.

They were omitted by the managers choice.

They were clearly all fit and foaming at the mouth to get on.

Another internet physio with access to the information on player fitness. We have a lot of them on here it seems!

• Like 2

That was a thumping good comeback and it should leave the squad in high spirits (as much as it will have left Albion feeling deflated). In the end I was a bit disappointed we didn't win.

If Albion had gone in 4-0 up at half time - and it was only their own failings that meant they didn't - then we would be in a different place now but fortunately they stayed within sight and their defensive frailties were always there to be exploited if we could only get our act together to attack effectively.

Benteke and Kozak were simply not playing together while Kozak was on the pitch and I thought Benteke was also very sluggish and unimaginative. This is a big problem unless it can be sorted out quickly on the training pitch. Gabby showed why it is mandatory for him to play in every derby match. Thought Vlaar was good in defence but the rest of the pack were slow and clumsy (although they did tighten things up in the second half, to be fair). Westwood played well in midfield throughout the game and capped it with a good goal. So he just shades it as my MOTM

• Like 2

They were omitted by the managers choice.

They were clearly all fit and foaming at the mouth to get on.

no they werent, lambert has said as much, why would you start with 3 players that you knew didnt have 90 minutes in them? 

Couldn't stay awake for this but woke up and checked my phone to see we were 2 nil down after 20 minutes and went back to sleep.

But I kept dreaming it was 2-2. I woke up again and checked my phone. Still 2-0.

Dozed off again and again started dreaming it was 2-2.

Woke up to see it was now 2-1. Debated getting up to see the last 20 minutes. Figured it would just end in disappointment and grumpiness.

Closed my eyes for a few minutes. Checked phone again. 2-2.

Raced out and watched the last 15, pleased with my prophetic dreaming skills.

Got to work bloody early!

• Like 4

Couldn't stay awake for this but woke up and checked my phone to see we were 2 nil down after 20 minutes and went back to sleep.

But I kept dreaming it was 2-2. I woke up again and checked my phone. Still 2-0.

Dozed off again and again started dreaming it was 2-2.

Woke up to see it was now 2-1. Debated getting up to see the last 20 minutes. Figured it would just end in disappointment and grumpiness.

Closed my eyes for a few minutes. Checked phone again. 2-2.

Raced out and watched the last 15, pleased with my prophetic dreaming skills.

Got to work bloody early!

Ha, sounds like what happened to me.

I didn't dream that it would end 2-2, but I did dream that we would score (dreamt that Kozak scored, fwiw)

Great point. Actually disappointed as I thought we might get all 3.

I'm a big fan of Shane Long. The way West Brom play reminds me alot of how we used to play under MON with Gabby up front.

3 points against Sunderland and we're looking ok. Seeing a very average Newcastle team win 3 on the trot shows that its quite easy to put together a run of form....I think we are a due a good run soon and I think we'll climb the table fast. We've been solid so far without being spectacular. I've got a feeling we'll be comfortable top half during the second half of the season, and end up frustrated that we don't quite make Europe.

A side still learning but we're definitely learning, still some glaring problems but improvements in some areas are being made every game.

I was sitting right by the bog...

I fell up the stairs at half-time. I think some of them noticed and enjoyed it.

I danced at full-time. I think some of them noticed but didn't seem to enjoy it.

• Like 3

Not impressed with Sylla, Bacuna or Benteke. At times I was thinking KEA was going to be sent off. 

Did well in the second half though and hopefully Andi, Gabby and Delph will be fully fit for Sunderland. 

Â