• Sylla
    • Tonev
    • Kozak
    • Benteke
    • El Ahmadi
    • Agbonlahor (for Kozak 57)
    • Delph (for Sylla 57)
    • Weimann (for Tonev 57)

no doubt all the positives will be rolled out, once again...to keep the home fires burning.

we are piss poor at times.

.....something has to change for the better.

• Like 1

no doubt all the positives will be rolled out, once again...to keep the home fires burning.

That 'something' is a bit vague.

How on earth did we manage that?

Lambert needs to sort his tactics out. The obvious subs of Delph and Gabby - clearly should have started if they were match fit.

...but they wasn't, so it was a risk that paid off.

....like a bit of player investment....or a bit of player development on the training ground,that is tangible player improvement.

Edited by TRO

....like a bit of player investment....or a bit of player development on the training ground,that is tangible player improvement.

I'm sure everyone would welcome that.

its great to take positives out of a game, but some insult your intelligence.

it was a well fought back draw, but the low level we managed to reach before hand was highly questionable.

its like being caught for having several affairs and then offering the missus out for a meal( and looking surprised when she tells you to f*** off)....as much as i was grateful for the point, some of that performance don't wash with me.

Edited by TRO

But some of it does.

You said people were rolling out the positives as if they had no right to.

We actually did quite well when we had anything close to our first XI on the pitch.

There's no getting away from the first half being awful, yours just seemed a very glass half empty way of looking at it.

Can't believe we managed to create a way of throwing that away - you were abject in the first half and improved in the second.

It was obvious to us all that once you got the first that the equaliser wouldn't be far away.

We were good in the first half - I do believe we can play better - but we really should have put the game behind you. Sessegnon should really be scoring one of those chances if not both. We've ended up regretting those misses.

Fairplay to Lambert for making the changes - they changed the momentum of the game and got you a well earned point in a classic game of two halves.

We really shouldn't have given you that option though unfortunately.

Still, never mind.

• Like 2

Can't believe we managed to create a way of throwing that away - you were abject in the first half and improved in the second.

It was obvious to us all that once you got the first that the equaliser wouldn't be far away.

We were good in the first half - I do believe we can play better - but we really should have put the game behind you. Sessegnon should really be scoring one of those chances if not both. We've ended up regretting those misses.

Fairplay to Lambert for making the changes - they changed the momentum of the game and got you a well earned point in a classic game of two halves.

Still, never mind.

Be interesting if we could actually play our first team from the first whistle. The first was a good goal, the second was gifted. The game should of been out of our reach but with our first team I don't think we'd of been in that position.

Still, never mind.

Yes we were abject first half but still managed more attempts on goal over 90 mins!

Quit work earlier last night to go home and watch the game. On the way from my car to the appartment I got from live score addicts that the tescos had scored 1-0. "Not again", was my first thought. Then the 2nd I turned on the channel they'd just scored their 2nd and I got to see the replay. Couldn't believe my eyes. I even thought about watching a film with my football hating gf instead. I chose to see it out. Glad I did.

Really poor first half from us. They didn't create that much after the goals but controlled the game with ease. And Sessegnon should've put the game to bed with his chance. But he didn't and we lived to play a second half. And so we did.

I think we started the 2nd half a lot better and we became better before those famous subs were made. We started to win some challenges and kept the ball. We hustled them a lot more. And then Sessegnon saved us again and then they entered. Before Gabby, Delph and Weimann came on I thought we looked like we might score a goal to make it look a little bit better, but not good enough to get a draw. But we weren't to get slaughtered, at least. When we put on those 3 I felt that we might make it after all. And how we did it. The wba players looked frightened when we really started to attack them and two very good goals later we looked like the winners. Unfortunately we lost a bit of momentum in the last 5-10 minutes. Probably because of a bit tiredness, a bit of being afraid to lose to a counter attack from them and probably they made some changes that made us lose the momentum a bit. Good subs from them too, in that perspective. In the end we got a well deserved and fair draw, which isn't to be sniffed at being 2-0 down after a little more than 10 minutes of the first half away to tescos. It's always great character coming back from being 2-0 down.

It's no wonder that we were bad in the first half after conseding two early goals. It's quite natural. I think our players have a somewhat fragile confidence and being down that early won't help. Especially Bacuna who was to blame for the first goal. But he upped his game in the 2nd half, and that'll do him some good. But I hope he's in the midfield for the next game with Lowton on the rb. And I prefer Baker on the lb to Clark, if Luna isn't back.

An awfull 1st half, a good 2nd and we have another draw against them. A quite common draw. And we've got the best comeback stats in the league, so far. That must count for something. We have a lot of character in the squad.

Now I have to work.

Still, never mind.

Be interesting if we could actually play our first team from the first whistle. The first was a good goal, the second was gifted. The game should of been out of our reach but with our first team I don't think we'd of been in that position.

Indeed. We were missing Billy Jones, Liam Ridgewell and Ben Foster - all three of those are important cogs in our back five.

Â