• Sylla
    • Tonev
    • Kozak
    • Benteke
    • El Ahmadi
    • Agbonlahor (for Kozak 57)
    • Delph (for Sylla 57)
    • Weimann (for Tonev 57)

Are we really trying to one-up local rivals by saying they celebrate important Derby goals with more enthusiasm than us?

Pretty laughable imo.

I was at the Sty for the second of Gabby's winners and it was **** unreal. We make more noise, travel in greater numbers and our celebrations of big goals look fantastic on tv. Wouldn't have it any other way.

• Like 2

You have to laugh. According to some of my yam yam and bluenose acquaintances (not that I pay any attention to it), they're more passionate than us, and we never sing etc etc blah blah yawn. Well now I've heard that we should be embarrassed, by the way we celebrated the equaliser, and coming back from 2-0 down... So bitter, it's not true.

Stern John equaliser anyone? The most celebrated equaliser in history.
Fair enough, i'd have hit the roof under those circumstances. Infact, IIRC, I did hit the roof, and the door, and the cat.
Really? Our 2 late winners at St Andrews weren't even celebrated like that goal was.

I dunno about that. I can't recall ever seeing an away end going much wilder, than when Gabby scored that late winner in the 2-1 game (cup finals etc aside). It was absolute carnge!

I know, I was in it. Watch their celebrations again, in my opinion they were worse.

Why the Hell would I want to watch that again?!  ;)

Are we really trying to one-up local rivals by saying they celebrate important Derby goals with more enthusiasm than us?

Not at all. The point was, I've heard Albion and SHA fans saying we should be embarrassed by the way we celebrated the equaliser and the final whistle.

Pretty laughable imo.

I was at the Sty for the second of Gabby's winners and it was **** unreal. We make more noise, travel in greater numbers and our celebrations of big goals look fantastic on tv. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Apparently we should be embarrassed by how we celebrated our equaliser. The 2 late goals were mental, I've never been involved in a celebration like it.

I don't travel to away games any more, but I don't remember ever celebrating more or less based on which ground we were at. An away goal is an away goal. You go mental. We travel in good numbers, so there's a lot of people going mental.

Mind you my most mental celebrations were probably at the Sty in the Kiddy Harriers end when Kiddy went 2-1 up in the FA Cup.

The level of a celebration is based on how important the goal is.  Coming back from 2-0 down we'd have gone crazy against anyone.  Being mercifully mocked throughout the entire game to that point maybe helped our enthusiasm too.

• Like 2

Â