Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

I mentioned Boyate at Citeh as a possible loan signing for cover at the back.

He's playing against Blackburn today so I'm interested to see how he gets on.

That also means he's cup tied. Even if Lambert isn't interested in the early rounds of the cup, it's not ideal if we were to progress a couple of rounds.

True, but I doubt the cup is Lambert's priority.

He's playing RB today but plays centre back too and has played for the Beligian national team too. Can't imagine he'd be on massive wages.

A good stand-in for Okore potentially.

Had a shocker today, now sent off for a 2nd yellow. On this evidence - no thanks.

Admittedly I've only been watching it for the last ten minutes but he looks shit so far.

Just sent off too!   :blush:

As you were, lads.  :ph34r:

whoever mentioned Boyate from Citeh - he's had a pig of a game and just got sent off!

That would be me. 

Thankfully I don't have a say in who we buy  :P

• Like 3

That also means he's cup tied. Even if Lambert isn't interested in the early rounds of the cup, it's not ideal if we were to progress a couple of rounds.

True, but I doubt the cup is Lambert's priority.

He's playing RB today but plays centre back too and has played for the Beligian national team too. Can't imagine he'd be on massive wages.

A good stand-in for Okore potentially.

Had a shocker today, now sent off for a 2nd yellow. On this evidence - no thanks.

He's just done that to lower the asking price...  :mellow:

Thought Scott Dann played well in today's game - would definitley be an improvement on Clark/Baker ....and a good stand in for Vlaar

I really like dann. Seems a good guy, good attitude, him and Hanley have been a really good partnership since relegation...

I just can't shake how bad he was the year we went down. Some of that is most likely the steve Kean effect, but he was absolutely awful that season, so I wonder if the championship is more his level.

And... I don't know if villa could afford his wages

Edited by Rovers13

We need three players to get us through this, then another 5 players to assure the &%*£s on the pitch (Westwood, Wiemann, Luna, Clark, Benteke) aren't as relaxed as they have been, they think they have a contract and a ready made first team place.

SHAKE IT UP.

Edited by dodgyknees

We need three players to get us through this, then another 5 players to assure the &%*£s on the pitch (Westwood, Wiemann, Luna, Clark, Benteke) aren't as relaxed as they have been, they think they have a contract and a ready made first team place.

SHAKE IT UP.

I think one decent CB (Check the results when Vlaar is out) and a midfielder to freshen things up would do it for this season. Unfortunately I just don't see us getting a CB. Dann would do it for me - he looked better than Lescott today. 

• Like 1

One of the best signings Villa could make is to invest in a world class sports psychologist. When I went to uni in Loughborough (many moons ago), our sports teams would work with the sports psycology departments all the time. Another reason I belive why there were continually top of the Busa leagues.

Get them working with the likes of Benteke and Weimann and it could work wonders.  

Don't envy them trying get inside the mind of Gabby though  :P

• Like 1

Currently nearing the end of my Sports Science degree and have to say psychologists play a big part in the game. I wonder if we even have one? By the looks of things we don't.

Get your CV in when you graduate!

whoever is currently convincing a number of league one players they are capable of playing in the Premiership is what has got us in the situation we are currently in

• Like 2

if we sign anybody at all this season all it will be is another nobody try hard who was purchased for a sack of potatoes and 5 mcdonalds sauce pots.

This player then will have 1 good game,2 games where he costs us the match by making an individual mistake which makes him lose his confidence and finally he will then play the rest of his games where he makes no impact and is devoid of quality and might aswell not be on the pitch.

Lambert will not fault the effort of the player and claim that we go again.

The subsequent player will then eventually be dropped by lambert by then we will be in another transfer window and then lambert will sign another player and the cycle begins again.

• Like 1

Â