Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

That site has been mentioned on another thread. It has Rooney on €16,000 a week.  :)

seems-legit-part4-18.jpeg

He might be using a tax haven in St Kitts.  :excl:

I can't see Lerner going above £30k/week. Don't know what they pay in Portugal.

people have posted that Defour has third party ownership, to get everyone who owns a piece of him paid off and all the agents backers and other filth leeching off the game - Villa would have to lay out a huge whack.

not sure about wages but i can't imagine he would be cheap either.

Also there are bigger clubs who would be interested, ones that probably play a decent style of football and not suffering PR disasters currently.

if you were a player right now would you want to come to us for anything less than a huge payday?

Most of us including me still view this great club like we did growing up, a club that will always have major ups and downs but always tries to play decent football and on it's day can compete with most clubs and always looked good in the cup competitions.

Now we are a bottom feeding club, grounded by poor management at all levels, average playing staff and decision after decision that keeps damaging the club and the fans.

I thought the Lambert era would bring hope to the club, make us plucky underdogs who tried to play good football and gave our all, yet all I now see is a club at odds with how football should be played and how a club should be run.

• Like 1

left back for Nottingham looks pretty good. Some great tackles.. gets forward well. Shame we dont produce this sort of player in our academy and were forced to buy world beaters like Luna and Bennett

• Like 3

yeah it is. Hes doing pretty well. Looks alot more solid than Luna and Bennett put together. Waste of money that was.

One game does not make him a world beater, especially when he was so poor for us. I remember wingers raping him!

Short memories...

yeah it is. Hes doing pretty well. Looks alot more solid than Luna and Bennett put together. Waste of money that was.

One game does not make him a world beater, especially when he was so poor for us. I remember wingers raping him!

Short memories...

As apposed to our current left backs who are doing so well after we spent 4 million pounds plus wages......

Short memories...

As apposed to our current left backs who are doing so well after we spent 4 million pounds plus wages......

We needed to buy full backs, we needed to do this with a small budget and hardly any wages for those coming in. What do you expect, Ashley Cole? Give the players time for heavens sake.

And before you mention the "stick" Lichaj, he was never good enough. Same goes for Herd.

left back for Nottingham looks pretty good. Some great tackles.. gets forward well. Shame we dont produce this sort of player in our academy and were forced to buy world beaters like Luna and Bennett

This one always baffles me. Why oh why did we get rid of him, probably on no more than 10k p/w. Really decent backup, and at the moment, would probably get in the first team!

Short memories...

We needed to buy full backs, we needed to do this with a small budget and hardly any wages for those coming in. What do you expect, Ashley Cole? Give the players time for heavens sake.

And before you mention the "stick" Lichaj, he was never good enough. Same goes for Herd.

I agree he may have not been good enough but your missing my point. Lambert went and bought 2 players that are even worse than Lichaj. He even kept Bale quiet in one of his appearances. He looked more solid than our current two. Herd is a different kettle of fish. If Lambert bothered to play him in his proper position (in midfield) we may see his qualities. Shows more ticker than KEA in the same position.

Short memories...

I agree he may have not been good enough but your missing my point. Lambert went and bought 2 players that are even worse than Lichaj. He even kept Bale quiet in one of his appearances. He looked more solid than our current two. Herd is a different kettle of fish. If Lambert bothered to play him in his proper position (in midfield) we may see his qualities. Shows more ticker than KEA in the same position.

Luna and Bennett have not worked out so far, I agree. The problem is we are seeing players in the middle give the ball away a lot, inviting pressure onto us, we are going against 60-70% pressure and this is going to mean our full-backs are suffering. It is no wonder even Lowton is struggling when we are under constant attack. Any player who is being targeted time and time again is going to make more mistakes than a team that is on a level par with possession. 

Sort the midfield issues, slap Benteke so the ball doesn't bounce off him and I am sure the full backs will then be less of a weak spot.

• Like 1

Short memories...

Luna and Bennett have not worked out so far, I agree. The problem is we are seeing players in the middle give the ball away a lot, inviting pressure onto us, we are going against 60-70% pressure and this is going to mean our full-backs are suffering. It is no wonder even Lowton is struggling when we are under constant attack. Any player who is being targeted time and time again is going to make more mistakes than a team that is on a level par with possession. 

Sort the midfield issues, slap Benteke so the ball doesn't bounce off him and I am sure the full backs will then be less of a weak spot.

I agree again. However, watching Luna play. I dont think any formation or better midfield players will help. He just jockeys the player.. waits waits and then gets turned. Has no pace to get back. He gets destroyed by some average wingers. It would be okay if he got forward well and set up a few yet he gets lost going forward as well.

Ex Walsall youth prospect and 1mil pound Notts Forest buy Winger Jamie Patterson has scored twice, i have always rated Patterson as i watch Walsall when i can.

He is 22 and born in Coventry! he been a constant menace for West Ham

Make that 3 goals....

• Like 1

Â