Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Spending what you can't afford just to please the fans is an incredibly dangerous road to take.

As is believing a club with an expected near 100m income vs 40-45m wage bill, and a regular 35k plus home attendance can't afford to buy anyone.

In fact you'd have to be **** barmy to believe we can't. We CAN, we just have an owner that doesn't WANT to. Major difference to not being able to financially

Randy doesn't give two shits about anything other than staying afloat in the PL and he's happy to take a gamble with that. Plain and simple. And it's us that suffer from his constant bad decisions.

But please no more of this we can't afford it bullshit.

At best, you're putting words in my mouth here.

• Like 1

Spending what you can't afford just to please the fans is an incredibly dangerous road to take.

As is believing a club with an expected near 100m income vs 40-45m wage bill, and a regular 35k plus home attendance can't afford to buy anyone.

In fact you'd have to be **** barmy to believe we can't. We CAN, we just have an owner that doesn't WANT to. Major difference to not being able to financially

Randy doesn't give two shits about anything other than staying afloat in the PL and he's happy to take a gamble with that. Plain and simple. And it's us that suffer from his constant bad decisions.

Obviously never run a business (or even had a credit card by the sounds of it).

Just because you can blow all your cash, doesn't mean you should.

I run my own business day to day, and have dome for over ten years. Thanks

• Like 1

The Football Family ‏@TFootballFamily 1m

Genk Striker Jelle Vossen linked with a move to Aston Villa. #avfc

Collymore has been going on for the last 20 minutes about an unnamed Belgium striker linked to an unnamed premier league club on a permanent move too.

Stan Collymore ‏@StanCollymore 18m

Unnamed Belgian striker coming to a Premier league club... Oooo, suspense. Just waiting on the name!

Will be Arsenal IMO. Backup for Giroud.

So Arsenal are signing Kim Kallstrom and Jelle Vossen?

Are they just picking up random awesome players from the CM/FM series?

Obviously never run a business (or even had a credit card by the sounds of it).

Just because you can blow all your cash, doesn't mean you should.

I run my own business day to day, and have dome for over ten years. Thanks

06.jpg

Calm down dear

• Like 4

With regards to strikers, it's not about the numbers we already have. Lambert should be swift and unsentimental when better players are available for a decent fee - that means shipping out players that haven't worked out at all.

Sure Jordan Bowery is a name and a number in our squad, but we all know he isn't good enough for this level. The same goes for Nicklas Helenius, in no way is he good enough and it remains to be seen if he ever will. If he doesn't develop we can easily ship him back to Denmark or some other league for a low fee and the loss wouldn't be that big. Players like him are risks all the way, some times it pays off, most of the times it doesn't.

• Like 1

Does Vossen play behind a main striker?

He can I believe, he was Benteke's strike partner

Do you think maybe it was the other way around and that they played 4-4-2 with Benteke dropping deeper to use Vossen's pace? I actually don't know the answer myself I'm just wondering.

The Football Family ‏@TFootballFamily 1m

Genk Striker Jelle Vossen linked with a move to Aston Villa. #avfc

Collymore has been going on for the last 20 minutes about an unnamed Belgium striker linked to an unnamed premier league club on a permanent move too.

Stan Collymore ‏@StanCollymore 18m

Unnamed Belgian striker coming to a Premier league club... Oooo, suspense. Just waiting on the name!

Will be Arsenal IMO. Backup for Giroud.

So Arsenal are signing Kim Kallstrom and Jelle Vossen?

Are they just picking up random awesome players from the CM/FM series?

Think they could be after Vossen as cover for Giroud?

I don't think it is us in for Vossen although I just saw this:

Aston Villa are to return to Belgium club Genk to boost their strikeforce by making a move for hotshot forward Jelle Vossen.

The 24-year-old has already been the subject this month of a £9million bid from Premier League basement club Cardiff City but Villa boss Paul Lambert is also interested.

Vossen has scored 100 goals in 240 games for Genk but has recently been on loan at Brugge, scoring 6 goals in 17 appearances, the Birmingham Mail reports,

Villa have already struck gold by dealing with Genk, signing Christian Benteke for just £7m in August 2012.

£9m, not a chance. Also no chance he'll go on loan anywhere so it may not even be him if Stan is talking the truth about clubs trying to loan this unnamed Belgian.

Unfortunate turn of events has led to this being a quiet few days in the transfer market for us really, just heard from a mate who knows the bloke who cleans Faulkners windows and he reckons that Lerner refuses to buy the paper for the fax machine, instead insisting that all correspondence must be done by post, when Faulkner went to get some petty cash from the tin there was only enough for a couple of second class stamps so all our bids won't be lodged until the post is delivered Monday morning

• Like 1

Â