Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

If we don't get anyone it's a bigger gamble than last season IMO teams down bottom stronger and have spent alot so far this window plus no one is cut off.

Fortuantly 5 wins and few draws and we will be safe ..

You mean like QPR did? Worked for them i suppose...

Read what I wrote ..QPR were playing catch up when they signed the players they did improve just not enough to close the gap.No one this season is adrift

I agree panic buying for the sake of it will surely see us stay up.

Or keeping the same core group of players who are doing well at the moment might be handy. We could sign someone to keep all the fans happy and end up upsetting everyone. A signing doesn’t always work, otherwise all the teams below us will be challenging for europe i suppose.

This lad played for any of the dutch international teams, under 21s?

I've got the Mail now...it's just about Hoolahan.

Now my appetite has be whetted with this guy, Hoolahan will be a major disappointment.

(I know Toornstra is only a tenuous link at this stage)

I actually find it shocking if Hoolahan was our only possible target and every other target identified by Lambert was too expensive.

Will be difficult keeping hold of Lambert if we finish around 10th.

The club needs to be sold.

• Like 1

If we don't get anyone it's a bigger gamble than last season IMO teams down bottom stronger and have spent alot so far this window plus no one is cut off.

Fortuantly 5 wins and few draws and we will be safe ..

You mean like QPR did? Worked for them i suppose...

Read what I wrote ..QPR were playing catch up when they signed the players they did improve just not enough to close the gap.No one this season is adrift

I agree panic buying for the sake of it will surely see us stay up.

Or keeping the same core group of players who are doing well at the moment might be handy. We could sign someone to keep all the fans happy and end up upsetting everyone. A signing doesn’t always work, otherwise all the teams below us will be challenging for europe i suppose.

No one is saying panic buy , but surely one attacking midfielder is not much to ask or a CB.Results speak for themselves if Vlaar is injured we are going to be in trouble.

I actually find it shocking if Hoolahan was our only possible target and every other target identified by Lambert was too expensive.

Will be difficult keeping hold of Lambert if we finish around 10th.

The club needs to be sold.

If Lambert gets itchy feet now you'd have to wonder on what premise he agreed to leave Norwich to come here - and bring all his guys with him and stir up all the shit that inevitably happened. He must have some assurances regarding cash for players.

I just don't see Lambert putting all his hopes on signing Hoolahan given how awful our relationship is with Norwich.

We NEED a number 10/ACM/playmaker. Gutted if we sign nobody today.

I agree

I doubt Lambert is stupid enough to have placed all his eggs in one basket

Surely we have other targets

I think all the blame at Lambert is misdirected, this clearly shows we do not have the money to strengthen.

does it? or does it show that the players we want arent available this window or are overpriced this window and randy would rather spend the cash in the summer?

I think all the blame at Lambert is misdirected, this clearly shows we do not have the money to strengthen.

It isn't Lambert's fault, he has identified several targets for a single role and it seems as if the only one possible from the club's perspective was Hoolahan - although it seems like that was always unlikely now anyway.

Like I said, Lambert will have just a year left on his deal in the Summer and if we finish in a decent position he'll be a target for clubs in need of a new manager.

It isn't Lambert's fault, he has identified several targets for a single role and it seems as if the only one possible from the club's perspective was Hoolahan - although it seems like that was always unlikely now anyway.

Like I said, Lambert will have just a year left on his deal in the Summer and if we finish in a decent position he'll be a target for clubs in need of a new manager.

How many 'better' clubs would actually be in for him though? Of those currently above us in the table, Southampton perhaps, but without the investment they're no better than us, and then I don't think he's done enough to attract the attention of the bigger clubs. 

We were calling for his head a couple of weeks ago, now we're worried about losing him after one win.

Â