Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Who said Lambert can do no wrong?

In reality, no-one has. It's the accusation thrown when you refuse to be as negative as someone wants you to be. It always has been, going back to MON "the messiah"(sic).
  • Like 2

Has holt come in to replace benteke?

I'd be amazed if Bertrand has come in to be cover to Luna like Holt.

It seems Lambert can do no wrong again. If he's got a limited budget then he needs to make better decisions. I'm not expecting him to get everything right but you can't excuse massive gaps in the squad while still replacing areas of the squad where Lambert has previously signed 6 players to play in them.

There's nothing concrete to suggest that Bertrand is now replacing Luna, not least because it's just a loan.

Short term solution to get Luna out of the starting 11 ;)

Has holt come in to replace benteke?

I'd be amazed if Bertrand has come in to be cover to Luna like Holt.

It seems Lambert can do no wrong again. If he's got a limited budget then he needs to make better decisions. I'm not expecting him to get everything right but you can't excuse massive gaps in the squad while still replacing areas of the squad where Lambert has previously signed 6 players to play in them.

There's nothing concrete to suggest that Bertrand is now replacing Luna, not least because it's just a loan.

Well he seems to have no responsibility for poor signings and his main supporters seem to have little issue with performances or results. So I'd be interested to hear what they think he does do wrong as you rarely read it.

What approximately 3million on Luna and Bennett. That fee in itself couldn't purchase Bertrand, so there is the problem.

So Lambert has had just 3m to spend since he became our manager?

No thats what he's spent on left backs. Unless you wanted us to blow half of our budget on a leftback and have sod all else to play with. I agree that some of the signings haven't been great, however the real issue here is we do not have the funding to go out and buy Bertrand.

Well he seems to have no responsibility for poor signings and his main supporters seem to have little issue with performances or results. So I'd be interested to hear what they think he does do wrong as you rarely read it.

Are you sure we visit the same Villa talk?

if Bertrand signs permanently then it would be a good deal, but even a loan can't harm - although surely again it is CBs we lack more than left backs, although I guess our left backs tend to be awful.

I have a strange feeling Holt will score goals and earn a 1 or 2 year deal at the end of the season, i was impressed with him at Norwich as he will literally walk through walls for the team. Whether he is a spent force who knows.... but having a point to prove should motivate him.

• Like 1

Most clubs do nothing in January, so IMO in Holt and Bertrand we have already improved both our first team and our options in the squad, and probably for the same amount as shifting out Ireland permanently.

Good business, and we aren't affecting our financial stability.

Heopfully we have a few quid for the right CM and/or CB.

The only thing Holt has improved is the food bill that Villa have to provide for the players, more pies have been added to the menu lol.

I think this joke got old about four days ago :\

Yep - plus he looks ok to me??

0,,10265~12526768,00.jpg

Lol That picture is quite clearly skewed. Funny though,.

Photo-shopped to **** that ;)

Well it isn't and if you click on the image you'll see the orginal correct sized image, where he looks far from the fat **** people are calling him.

Surprised no one decided to photoshop a pie into the picture ;)

Most clubs do nothing in January, so IMO in Holt and Bertrand we have already improved both our first team and our options in the squad, and probably for the same amount as shifting out Ireland permanently.

The only thing Holt has improved is the food bill that Villa have to provide for the players, more pies have been added to the menu lol.

0,,10265~12526768,00.jpg

Well it isn't and if you click on the image you'll see the orginal correct sized image, where he looks far from the fat **** people are calling him.

I did but he ate it. Digital Holt was pretty peckish

• Like 2

0,,10265~12526768,00.jpg

I did but he ate it. Digital Holt was pretty peckish

Haha he will be probably eating a lot of pies whilst he is at Villa. Hopefully leaves some for half-time, you need something to enjoy whilst being at VP this season.

Edited by Avflife

In reality, no-one has. It's the accusation thrown when you refuse to be as negative as someone wants you to be. It always has been, going back to MON "the messiah"(sic).

Which, in this case, is to be negative about literally everything that ever happens at the club.

Some of the negativity does make me wonder.....

Sure, some signings haven't been up to it, but we aren't going to lose the amount of money on them that we have on Ireland, for example. In our current predicament, that is crucial.

However, everyone knows that it is unlikely you will find more than than the very occasional gem either. The cheap signings will hopefully do an acceptable job, rather than become England regulars - and we just have to accept that, whether we like it or not.

So, Bennett and Luna haven't cut it yet.

Bennett has had a lot of injuries, so he may be the next Delph or the next Ivo Stas - let's wait and see.

Luna is clearly struggling, so he may be the next Petrov or the next Bosko Balaban - let's wait and see.

It isn't just us getting it wrong either - ManUre paid more for Anderson (and Fellani) than Man City paid for Yaya Toure.  Ashley Young has been terrible at Man U, but we were gutted when he left. Sack Fergie?

And sacking Lambert, and his staff, would cost us millions in compensation. Money that could be spent on a midfielder!

• Like 3

Â