Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

This is the speculation thread right? I speculate we are preparing a bid for Julian Draxler. Shalke are braced for the bid.

There, no need for a PM on this one I am happy to share my speculation. :)

Are you happy to share your ciggies n beer?

You are.

No need to pm me.

Cheers :cheers:   :P

:cheers::detect:

• Like 1

Nothing is happening much at any club.  Apart from the epoch making Holt loan of course. This is a totally artifcial window in which 6 months of scouting is usually condensed into about 24 hours of panic signings. Jim White is warming up as we speak.

Edited by The Fun Factory

This is the speculation thread right? I speculate we are preparing a bid for Julian Draxler. Shalke are braced for the bid.

There, no need for a PM on this one I am happy to share my speculation. :)

Are you happy to share your ciggies n beer?

You are.

No need to pm me.

Cheers :cheers:   :P

:cheers::detect:

Ha ha - Nice one Ciggies I couldn't find a fag emoticon to post. Good work. Take a bow son, take a bow.

It's not Steven Irelands Shisha pipe though is it?

Please tell me it's Draxler's ;)

• Like 1

We ain't gunna sign any decent meltdown players 'cos we simply can't afford their wages. We're more about cutting the wage bill than adding to it. It's all we've heard from the club for the past 3 years and I see no reason why it's going to change. 

• Like 1

We ain't gunna sign any decent meltdown players 'cos we simply can't afford their wages. We're more about cutting the wage bill than adding to it. It's all we've heard from the club for the past 3 years and I see no reason why it's going to change. 

That job is 90% done though now, a permanent move for Given and Hutton, Zog's contract is up in the summer I think too. So you know, you won't be hearing it for very much longer. You've heard it the last couple of years because, well, that was really what was happening. Nothing sinister about, we were and are cutting wages, now we've nearly finished that part of the process but not quite.

With Ireland off the books, I'd expect us to get at least the 2 players for the "couple of positions" which Lambert mentioned on Holt's signing.

That job is 90% done though now, a permanent move for Given and Hutton, Zog's contract is up in the summer I think too. So you know, you won't be hearing it for very much longer. You've heard it the last couple of years because, well, that was really what was happening. Nothing sinister about, we were and are cutting wages, now we've nearly finished that part of the process but not quite.

And if/when Lambert is handed his cards in the not too distant, the next manager will need to move all the bookends accumilated on the wage bill over the past 18 months. 

It's like painting the Golden Gate bridge.

It's like painting the Golden Gate bridge.

Well the difference being with the Lambert signings is that they aren't crippling the club financially, IF he gets his marching orders anytime soon the next man through the door won't have to do the job he has done again. It's a very different situation now, pretty much all the signings are young and on low wages and will have for the most part a better resale value than the fee paid by the club.

- It's like painting the Golden Gate bridge.

Well the difference being with the Lambert signings is that they aren't crippling the club financially, IF he gets his marching orders anytime soon the next man through the door won't have to do the job he has done again. It's a very different situation now, pretty much all the signings are young and on low wages and will have for the most part a better resale value than the fee paid by the club.

I keep hearing that they will have a better resale value, but I don't see it. Most have under performed and therefore will not move to another prem team. Moving to championship or lower does not guarantee a higher price

Jesus - Spurs are demonstrating exactly why we need to do our due diligence with big signings from abroad. Have to admit I was extremely jealous when they were signing Lamela, Capoue, Holtby, Soldado, and Chadli - but they're all either shite or don't have the inclination to knuckle down and make things work there. They'll waste a serious chunk of their Bale money on that lot I reckon.

Reckon that's why we've been so cautious over the likes of Belhanda / Defour etc. despite them seemingly being available.

Nothing is happening much at any club.  Apart from the epoch making Holt loan of course. This is a totally artifcial window in which 6 months of scouting is usually condensed into about 24 hours of panic signings. Jim White is warming up as we speak.

Long / Jelevic - Hull 

Cardiff signed 2 players strongly linked with 4 more 

West Ham - Traore signing today 

Fulham bid for Ravel Morrison and Liam Moore 

It's not going craxy yet granted but things are moving especially near bottom half of league

The thing is Holtby, Capoue and Lamela aren't shite at all. Simply a case of too many new signings at once, as I said in the Spuds thread they overhauled quite a bit just as we did, just because they're better quality players it doesn't mean there won't be a period of settling in. Each player is different and will take differing time scales to settle, I think flogging them permanently at a loss would be a daft thing to do to be honest.

• Like 2

Â