Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Pilkington is 26, would cost £3m?, would want a 4 year contract and probably at least £30k per week,  that;s a total outlay of at least £9m for a 4 year contract, give him a 5 yr contract it would cost £11m, now i am willing to guess in 3/4 years time you would get more than £4m more for Ince than you would for Pilkington.That is what we should be aiming for, goalscorers always command more.

Lamella cost £30m, is'nt he the same age?

Pilkington?.....Christ, no.Limited ability, no pace, 26?.

I'd rather buy nobody, or spend £6/7m on 2/3 players.No more £2/3m players please.

I'm sorry but you're being too optistimic. Usually if you buy a player at a higher price they demand higher wages. The likes of Pilkington are the level we are at whether you like it or not, and he'd walk into our current team at the mo. 

Exactly my thoughts

The chairman has Lambert shopping in the transfer market equivalent of Lidl

In Lerners mind Pilkington would be a marquee signing for us

Edited by AshVilla

Sign Kiyotake for crying out loud! His team are struggling and they haven't won a single game in the Bundesliga yet! Bet they would take the money as they clearly need a number of new players to help them out at the moment.

Sign Kiyotake for crying out loud! His team are struggling and they haven't won a single game in the Bundesliga yet! Bet they would take the money as they clearly need a number of new players to help them out at the moment.

He'd still probably cost a lot more than we could afford.

He'd still probably cost a lot more than we could afford.

Well then I would be happy if we signed him now and didn't bother signing anyone in the summer.... Just got rid of players instead to make us even more 'balanced' than we probably already are.

Sign him Lambert, Lerner and Faulkner or my god I will write some rather mean messages on this villa fan website!

• Like 1

For me we need three players

1) We definitely need another CB in January to play alongside Vlaar - I think Clark has vastly improved this season but we need someone else in the centre in case Vlaar gets injured again.

2) A big unit in midfield that breaks up play and offers protection to the back four - Delph has been fantastic this season but needs help in the middle of the park.

3) An attacking midfielder that can pick a pass and play the striker in on goal- we currently have no one with guile in the squad.

Bloody easy!

Amen brother, Jose Mourinho has just come out and said the following on Kevin De Bruyne "We are not going to make a decision on 1 January for sure. He's a very good player." would love a cheeky loan move for him, under the age of 23 he fits in with the PL policy on players nicely.

I'm getting really worried about all these players that we buy that are just offering us nothing, it appears on the surface of just panic buys.... blimey the bomb squad will be bigger than the first team at this rate.

Maybe a few loan players who hit the ground running, until we get our breath back and a bit of composure back in the transfer market.

I'd rather give Grealish, Graham or Robinson a chance rather then sign certain mediocracy in Pilkington.

I don't get the clamour to put guys with no experience in first team football into the team, when the main point of contention about lambert seems to be that our team is full of players who don't have enough experience to play premiership football...

by all means i want too see what grealish is capable of in the first team, but hanging out hopes on him being the answer, or playing him instead of current first teamers, seems a bit hypocritical

• Like 1

I'd rather give Grealish, Graham or Robinson a chance rather then sign certain mediocracy in Pilkington.

I don't get the clamour to put guys with no experience in first team football into the team, when the main point of contention about lambert seems to be that our team is full of players who don't have enough experience to play premiership football...

by all means i want too see what grealish is capable of in the first team, but hanging out hopes on him being the answer, or playing him instead of current first teamers, seems a bit hypocritical

Did I say they were the 'answer' or did I say that I'd rather they are given a go rather then waste money on a player like Pilkington?

Secondly, the problem with our squad is that it is full of poor players. They are poor because they aren't very talented, not because of how old they are.

I don't subscribe to this idea that we are lacking experience and this will solve anything. We are lacking quality and we thus need higher-standard players regardless of how old they are.

If hes that good - surely Nuremberg wouldn't have not won a solitary game ?!?!?

• Like 1

I would not be at all surprised if we signed Ledley. He’d be within our budget.

Didn’t HH say something about Lambert going to Scotland to try to sign some players?

He’s a little one paced but he would be an improvement on KEA or Westwood.

Hopefully Ryan Gauld and John Souttar although Tony Watt would be a good buy

Â