Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

We really should beat Cardiff at home.

But in fact, due to our general crapness they may actually dominate possesion, create more chances and win the game. And all hell will break loose on villatalk.

On the other hand, imagine if this is the day Tonev manages to hit the target and scores two screamers, Helenius and Benteke tiki-takas their way through Cardiff's defence, and Delph produces a surging run with an actual end-product.  

Above all else I would like us to play some good confident we're-at-home football.

On the other hand, imagine if this is the day Tonev manages to hit the target and scores two screamers, Helenius and Benteke tiki-takas their way through Cardiff's defence, and Delph produces a surging run with an actual end-product.  

11th time's a charm!

I'm feeling good about today with a few players down maybe somebody will come in a take their chance with both hands.

Failing that if we do lose the bloke sitting behind me in L7 rants like nobody else :) he's that great he makes losing worth while :)

3-0

Benteke 2 and Tonev 1

I can see many of you are pointing out a 4-4-2 formation. This is not the way to go as we will get dominated in the midtfield. It's not like we are in the 90's anymore, we're in a possession based era and we will have to adjust to it.

I think with our current squad, the 4-2-3-1 formation is the best suitable, i'd go for something like

-------------------Guzan-------------------

Bacuna--------Vlaar-----Baker------Luna

---------------Sylla-------Delph---------------

Weimann--------Tonev-------------Gabby

---------------------Benteke--------------------

Well clearly youve paid no attention to this thread or the pre match team news, 3 of your chosen XI are injured.

That doesn't mean we have to play a shitty formation.