Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

We are there for the taking, as much as it pains me to say.

Got to give Helenius a go surely? He must not be impressing much in training. Just annoys me that we managed to keep Benteke another season, but havent improved in the slightest so we again are just standing still while other sides continue to improve and overtake us. A team like Cardiff should never be able to come here and smell 3 points but its a very likely outcome.

That being said. Gonna go for a 1-0 home win. Vlaar header from a floated shit corner from Westwood.

We are there for the taking, as much as it pains me to say.

Got to give Helenius a go surely? He must not be impressing much in training. Just annoys me that we managed to keep Benteke another season, but havent improved in the slightest so we again are just standing still while other sides continue to improve and overtake us. A team like Cardiff should never be able to come here and smell 3 points but its a very likely outcome.

That being said. Gonna go for a 1-0 home win. Vlaar header from a floated shit corner from Westwood.

Yeah it's disappointing that we've finally got a decent striker, best we've had in a long long time and were pretty much just wasting his time with us.

Understand all the reasons why etc but still disappointing

-----------------------Guzan

-----Vlaar-----------Clark-----------------Baker

Lowton-------------------------------------------Delph

--------Bacuna------Westwood--------Graham

----------Kozak----------------------Benteke

Subs - Steer,  Tonev,  Helenius,  Robinson, KEA, Sylla,  Herd

We currently have the most injuries in the prem.

---------------Guzan-----------------

Lowton---Vlaar--Clark--Baker---

----------Sylla--Westwood--------

Bacuna-----Delph----------Tonev
--------------Benteke-------------

Push Delph up a bit, get some pace on the wings, do not like 3-5-2 because it comes 5-3-2 and we end up with nothing up front. Would rather play another midfielder in this game than Kozak, plus Cardiff are likely to pack the midfield so we wont get overrun.

Other option is to replace Sylla with Helenius and drop Delph back. Really need to get the three behind Benteke to support him and get beyond him though.

Would love to see some of the youth players start a game, they are unknown to others and full of confidence so I dont see what it can harm. When is the last time we had one of our youth players actually get into the first team? Since Baker, Clark, Bannan, Albrighton, Herd there seems to have been a big gap of about 3 years with nothing.

Edited by AndyM3000

We currently have the most injuries in the prem.

---------------Guzan-----------------

Lowton---Vlaar--Clark--Baker---

----------Sylla--Westwood--------

Bacuna-----Delph----------Tonev

--------------Benteke-------------

Push Delph up a bit, get some pace on the wings, do not like 3-5-2 because it comes 5-3-2 and we end up with nothing up front. Would rather play another midfielder in this game than Kozak, plus Cardiff are likely to pack the midfield so we wont get overrun.

Other option is to replace Sylla with Helenius and drop Delph back. Really need to get the three behind Benteke to support him and get beyond him though.

Would love to see some of the youth players start a game, they are unknown to others and full of confidence so I dont see what it can harm. When is the last time we had one of our youth players actually get into the first team? Since Baker, Clark, Bannan, Albrighton, Herd there seems to have been a big gap of about 3 years with nothing.

Our youth players aren't really that good though are they. Not sure about the current crop of youngsters but over the years there always seems to be a lot of excitement over our youth products and then they turn out to be a bit shit really

Our youth players aren't really that good though are they. Not sure about the current crop of youngsters but over the years there always seems to be a lot of excitement over our youth products and then they turn out to be a bit shit really

I think you're too harsh on them. Do many of them not fulfil their potential, yes undoubtedly but that's the nature of youth football. You develop many so that you can gain from the few that come through and I think Villa are more successful than most in doing that. Our academy is renowned. Our backline will have 2 academy graduates in it tomorrow and we would have one up front if he wasn't injured, plus we made a few mil off one in the summer. One of tomorrow's opponents star players came from our academy too.

Don't understand the shouts for Graham to be called up. Bit premature don't you think? Correct me if i'm wrong but hasn't he played like one competitive game in the last 9 months - which was for the youth team.

If Delph doesn't make it for this one:

--------------------Guzan-----------------

--------Vlaar------Clark----Baker------

Lowton---------------------------Bacuna

--------KEA--Westwood---Sylla---------

-----------Kozak---Benteke---------------

What's the availability in the north stand like tomorrow, me and my missus are gonna go but were on a budget so the £20 tickets are ideal but I can't use the stadium planner on my mobile, anyone care to have a glance for me? I'll give you a hug for your troubles