Who is the all time greatest sportsman

villaguy

Pele said that George was the, eh, Best so you forgive me if i disagree.

The thing you have to remember about Pele is that Pele is an idiot.

I'm sure he and many others would debate that but whatever.

Freddie Adu!

Whatever happened to him?

I'm amazed he's only 24. Pretty young age to be a washed up pro footballer.

It was pretty ridiculous to think people announced when he was just 15 that he'd be the best the world has ever seen. Now he's 24 and he can't even get in the the US national team, and they're almost as shit as England.

MJ

Took to page 6 for him to get a mention, wow, he's number one for me. How anyone can compare Michael Jordan to Ronnie O'Sullivan is beyond me. Messi is up there no doubt, but it's so hard to compare sports, you'd have to say the more popular sports should hold a heavier weighting due to the the greater number of opponents and direct competition. Jordan takes it for me though, to win 3 championships in a row, take a season and a bit out to play minor league baseball and come back and win another 3 in a row that's some going. Faced a lot of great nba players too and beat them all and has about $700m to show for it.

MJ

Took to page 6 for him to get a mention, wow, he's number one for me. How anyone can compare Michael Jordan to Ronnie O'Sullivan is beyond me. Messi is up there no doubt, but it's so hard to compare sports, you'd have to say the more popular sports should hold a heavier weighting due to the the greater number of opponents and direct competition. Jordan takes it for me though, to win 3 championships in a row, take a season and a bit out to play minor league baseball and come back and win another 3 in a row that's some going. Faced a lot of great nba players too and beat them all and has about $700m to show for it.

But, he basically played a faster version of netball.

• Like 3

I can tell you a list of people who it isn’t; Lance Armstrong and Carl Lewis. But its impossible really; you can’t compare the achievements of different sports. But I would suspect that a large number of these ‘greats’, were also taking illicit substances

Owens is another one whose legend benefits from things other than his sporting prowess. Namely that he stuck it to Hitler. Which is great, but Carl Lewis is a greater Olympian for me.

And a drugs cheat

Freddie Adu!

Whatever happened to him?

I'm amazed he's only 24. Pretty young age to be a washed up pro footballer.

It was pretty ridiculous to think people announced when he was just 15 that he'd be the best the world has ever seen. Now he's 24 and he can't even get in the the US national team, and they're almost as shit as England.

Stefan Moore was pretty much washed up by 24 wasn't he?

MJ

Right? The guy was amazing, and could do whatever he wanted with a basketball, whenever he wanted to. Literally unstoppable. No question the greatest for me.

Pele said that George was the, eh, Best so you forgive me if i disagree.

I'm surprised Pele said that, I thought he'd vote for himself. Then again Pele did say Colombia would win USA 94, and that an African team would win the world cup before the end of the 20th century.

Â