Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Avflife

How is it despite knowing we have an awful team and knowing our starting line up is devoid of any quality

I still feel utterly pissed off when I watch the inevitable turgid performance

We have the worst midfield in the premier league, not one player who can cause the opposition problems

This team can play good football we have seen it, Arsenal, Man City. So surely its down the Lambert to get some consistency out of this team. As far as in concerned its just awful man management. I think were getting close to the boo boys coming out.

That was a terrible half. The formation is all wrong. Why are we playing with 3 cbs against a team with no strikers. We need to actually compete for the ball in the midfield.

THIS

Get Bacuna off and put Tonev on the wing. At least he's exciting.

This is true, but that's on Lambert's so called 'tactical nous'. We have defenders marking space, this is allowing them to dominate the midfield, and chokes off our own possession and play.

Shocking from Lambert, absolutely shocking.

This is Lamberts team, I have tried to be patient, but the players are clearly not good enough. Organisationally they are a shambles, there is no variation in the tactics. Booting it up to a striker who is not winning a header time and time again. We make West Ham look like Barcelona at times. What do they do in training all weak?

Benteke is either not fit or just not bothered. The only one trying is Weimann, again. They need a kick up the backside.

Really losing patience with Lambert.

Half time verdict ....RUBBISH RUBBISH RUBBISH. Last on MOTD again.

I am also confused about the 5 defenders vs 0 strikers thing, it makes no sense whatsoever. 

Come on Lambo, stick an attacking presence on, I don't see the point changing our tactics away from home as we're usually quite good. 

If it isn't broken, don't fix it, simples.

Woeful - I am not exaggerating but only a couple of times did we put passes together in the last 3rd of the pitch. Just long balls for Andi to chase... If this is a work in progress, Im pretty sure I will be long gone by the time it comes to fruition. The folly of buying cover for Benteke at the expense of a CB & Midfielder comes home to fruition.

The drive and energy in our team comes from Delph and Agbonlahor; we really miss them today. I think Weimann has been our best player in this first half, he's made some good runs and at least put them under pressure. Benteke just had his worst 45 minutes since he arrived here, he's put the Bent into Benteke - lazy, half arsed and uninvolved - perhaps he'll complete the impression with a goal. The midfield is lightweight and can't keep possession or get forward and any possession we've had has been at the back. Lowton has looked okay, but we desperately need to change our shape in the hope of getting some possession further up the field - the unfortunate injury to Bacuna does at least mean that's likely. It's been awful, disjointed, shapeless, unimaginative crap from us. We've been the better side.

• Like 1

Are three CB's absolutely necessary against West Hams 'strike force' if thats what you call them.

Are 3 defensive midfielders also necessary? Take off a CB and DM and bring on a Tonev and Helenius.

• Like 1

Absolutely diabolical.

39% possession against West Ham? It's **** embarrassing.

The players aren't good enough. Weimann and KEA have been appalling. They aren't Premiership standard. Westwood, Sylla and Baker just aren't good enough.

Vlaar has played well. I almost feel sorry for Benteke. He's got nothing to work with at all.

I don't blame Lambert, I blame Lerner. Lambert has an impossible job. With this budget all you can possibly do is barely compete. That's all we are doing and it's boring and infuriating to watch. We can't pass a **** ball.