Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Avflife

4-3-3, with Sylla instead of Weimann: Guzan, Bacuna, Vlaar, Baker, Luna/Clark, Sylla, Westwood, Delph, Tonev, Gabby and Benteke.

West Ham haven't got anyone in attack, so its the midfield where they propel, Nolan, Morrison and Noble are all going to be needed to be watched on Saturday. 

2-1 Villa, if Lambert decides to listen to my suggestions, I won't hold my breath though :P

Got to win this one really, Wet Spam will go above us with a win and then we're already looking over our shoulders .

They're hit or miss a bit like us, generally strong at home unlike us but I think this game will suit us. Have to give Sylla a start and id give Andi a final chance in this one.

Gonna be bold and go for a 2-1 win, Tekkers with both on his first appearnce at the Boleyn Ground

Firsly, i'm pleased we're away from home. I think West Ham will come to attack us which may allow for a counter attack - unlike Hull who just stifled everything we tried to do and were too scared to lose. We really need to not lose this as we're well into the season now and getting to the stage where the games will come thick and fast so we need points on the board. Their midfield is strong when they're at home so we need to be watchful of Noble, Nolan etc - and ensure our defenders deal with the wide threat of Downing and Jarvis (assuming both play).

Need Tekkers to be on it this weekend and put to bed that penalty miss by getting back on the scoreline. I think it will be close - just hope Lambert has them fired up.

This will be an interesting one. West Ham played something like a very narrow 4-2-2-2 formation against Swansea yesterday without any recognised striker playing. Though you'd think they might try something a bit more proactive at home. I expect them to probably go for 4-5-1 with Cole up front.

With that in mind, I'd go for a sort of 4-2-3-1:

Guzan

Bacuna Vlaar Baker Lowton*

Sylla Delph

Tonev KEA Gabby

Benteke

*I assume Luna is out for this.

Can't decide on the result, so I'll just go for the draw, 1-1. Gabby for us and someone like Nolan (crap celebration included) for them.

Edited by Isa

This will be an interesting one. West Ham played something like a very narrow 4-2-2-2 formation against Swansea yesterday without any recognised striker playing. Though you'd think they might try something a bit more proactive at home. I expect them to probably go for 4-5-1 with Cole up front.

Guzan

Sylla Delph

Tonev KEA Gabby

Benteke

Can't decide on the result, so I'll just go for the draw, 1-1. Gabby for us and someone like Nolan (crap celebration included) for them.

If Luna is injured then id 100% expect Clark to deputise and shift Baker to LB...for whatever reason Lambert doesn't fancy Lowton this year, which is a great shame. 

Guzan

Sylla Delph

Tonev KEA Gabby

Benteke

If Luna is injured then id 100% expect Clark to deputise and shift Baker to LB...for whatever reason Lambert doesn't fancy Lowton this year, which is a great shame.

No I'd agree. I think he will put Baker at LB but I would rather a proper FB for an away game.

This is the time when we really need to be getting some points on the board. We've got a nice little run of fixtures now, and I really hope we don't throw any of them away. Hopefully we should be able to out do them in terms of pace and firepower, but they'll be strong in the midfield and we'll have to be prepared for a bit of a physical battle. We should win this, but I always worry when that's the case.

This is the time when we really need to be getting some points on the board. We've got a nice little run of fixtures now, and I really hope we don't throw any of them away. Hopefully we should be able to out do them in terms of pace and firepower, but they'll be strong in the midfield and we'll have to be prepared for a bit of a physical battle. We should win this, but I always worry when that's the case.

Yep, this a vital run of games is this. If we were to get beat by West Ham our points total wouldn't look much different to this time last year.

Howard Webb has been named as ref for the game.

Fairly content with this, one of the best refs in the league IMO. Especially when taking into account the likes of Phil Dowd and Kevin Enemy.

• Like 1

-------------------Guzan------------------

---Lowton--Vlaar---Clark----Baker----

--------------------Sylla-------------------

------------Bacuna-----Delph-----------

---Weimann--------------Agbonlahor--

------------------Benteke-----------------

That's my XI

Could rotate to a 4-4-2 with Bacuna going out wide and weimann coming central. 

• Like 1