Weather...

Dodgyknees

**** man. 

Lighting must have struck something very very close to us. 

Lightning at EXACTLY the same time as the loudest crack of thunder I've ever heard. Smell of ozone in the air. 

Don't think we were hit but I'm going for a look around the second this rain eases off. 

I was in Ledbury on Saturday when the loudest clap of thunder I think I've ever heard went off overhead, but like directly overhead. I was pushing a trolley round homebase following MrsVM round the plant pots bit outside and jumped out of my skin.

All the other customers stared at me :D

The rain that followed was torrential. Are monsoons the norm now? More frequent? Or am I just making it up?

15 hours ago, sidcow said:

**** man. 

Lighting must have struck something very very close to us. 

Lightning at EXACTLY the same time as the loudest crack of thunder I've ever heard. Smell of ozone in the air. 

Don't think we were hit but I'm going for a look around the second this rain eases off. 

Sounds like when the house in our street was hit a few weeks back. Massive hole blown in the roof and a burning smell followed. 

35 minutes ago, Genie said:

Sounds like when the house in our street was hit a few weeks back. Massive hole blown in the roof and a burning smell followed. 

Think it was the next road over. I heard a burglar alarm going off that way. Might have a walk around tonight.

When I was about 16 I sheltered under a shop doorway in a huge storm and the lampost just over the road got struck, flash and huge bang at exactly the same time.  A few people came out their house and I think all their electrics had blown.

• Like 1

It rained a lot yesterday. Today my lad was supposed to be playing in a football tournament but it was called off because the forecast for today was heavy rain, strong winds and thunderstorms.

Its been slightly windy but nothing major, mainly blue sky all day. No significant rain or thunder

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Today my lad was supposed to be playing in a football tournament but it was called off because the forecast for today was heavy rain, strong winds and thunderstorms.

Its been slightly windy but nothing major, mainly blue sky all day. No significant rain or thunder

Where was it being played mate? I live in Streetly and it rained heavy from about 10:30 until 1pm with thunder for a few mins. Wind was pretty strong until about a hour ago. 

Just now, markavfc40 said:

Where was it being played mate? I live in Streetly and it rained heavy from about 10:30 until 1pm with thunder for a few mins. Wind was pretty strong until about a hour ago. 

Just outside Tamworth, it was in the forecast for all day but must have just skirted past somehow.

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

Just outside Tamworth, it was in the forecast for all day but must have just skirted past somehow.

I’m not far from you in Atherstone and the wind is bad, trees are bending like George Michael in a public lavatory.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Had torrential rain in Four Oaks on and off for a few hours earlier. Plus high winds. 

There is no end in sight as well.  It's going to be like this till the end of July. You'd think the prolonged wet and lack of sunshine will affect crops later. 

On 10/07/2023 at 11:48, Wainy316 said:

When I was about 16 I sheltered under a shop doorway in a huge storm and the lampost just over the road got struck, flash and huge bang at exactly the same time.  A few people came out their house and I think all their electrics had blown.

When I was at Disney World as a kid a tree next to a popcorn stall exploded when it got hit by lightning.  I've been terrified of lightning ever since though I expect humans don't explode the same way.  It was a bit like this, the tree and popcorn stand were smaller but my reaction was much the same

Â