Weather...

Dodgyknees

It's 37C here, but it still feels like a warm English Summer.

It's not like North Africa or a Gulf state, where just breathing makes you feel like you're being cooked from the inside too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xann said:

It's not like North Africa or a Gulf state, where just breathing makes you feel like you're being cooked from the inside too.

Yep, this. All rather pleasant as long as you don't have to do anything strenuous. 

• Like 1

Just now, mjmooney said:

Yep, this. All rather pleasant as long as you don't have to do anything strenuous. 

Aye.

Feck being on the tube or in a kitchen where they're cooking.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Regarding 76 I remember it very well and enjoyed it but it never seemed as hot as this but there again I was young then. 😂

We need a yawn reaction on here! 

14 minutes ago, Xann said:

It depends where you are I think. I just nipped to our local post office, and the heat seemed to be intensified a lot by the roads and buildings. I was in Malta a couple of weeks ago in similar temeratures but it didn't seem as hot there. Ditto Dubai a few weeks before that.

5 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

My car read 40 degrees for the first time ever. 

Mine was reading 43 earlier when I got in it, went down to 38 though in Oxford. Its now freezing inside the car driving down the M40, feel I'm missing out though.

4 minutes ago, Risso said:

It depends where you are I think. I just nipped to our local post office, and the heat seemed to be intensified a lot by the roads and buildings. I was in Malta a couple of weeks ago in similar temeratures but it didn't seem as hot there. Ditto Dubai a few weeks before that.

Probably true. Like I said upthread, stonebuilt house + shady garden + naff all to do = nice summer's day.  :)

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Imagine the heat in England today but not having an AC, anywhere.

That's us, I don't know anyone who has inbuilt A/C, never have. It's hardly hot enough for long enough to justify the cost. 

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

That's us, I don't know anyone who has inbuilt A/C, never have. It's hardly hot enough for long enough to justify the cost. 

Yeah, but you can duck into a petrol station at a pinch. 

Just now, villarule123 said:

Some idiots have set the Lickey Hills on fire with a BBQ.

Let's hope Lickey End doesn't get swallowed up 

16 minutes ago, Risso said:

It depends where you are I think...

There's a bit of a breeze here, you can feel it working with the sweat. As opposed to feeling like you're wrapped in warm cotton wool, slowly suffocating.

Â