What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

Not sure on finance deals?  Surely better to get something a bit older and pay outright?

out of curiosity, have you driven or ridden much in a BMW 3 series?

my personal preference (and it's all down to personal taste) would be for something a little less hard on the old suspension

My wife is about to pull the trigger on a 4 series Gran Coupe but we can't decide between the carbon black or Estoril blue.

Thoughts on either colour?

• Like 1

Not sure on finance deals? Surely better to get something a bit older and pay outright?

PCP is the way to go. Could get a newer/higher spec car for the same price as a 2/3 year old one.

As long as you stick to the mileage and keep it in good nick, you should have equity when you come to change. Depending on RV's you might even be able to change earlier

• Like 1

Not sure on finance deals?  Surely better to get something a bit older and pay outright?

out of curiosity, have you driven or ridden much in a BMW 3 series?

my personal preference (and it's all down to personal taste) would be for something a little less hard on the old suspension

I haven't.  I've driven an Audi A3 and A4 and enjoyed the drive but thought a BMW 3 series might be better.

Not sure on finance deals? Surely better to get something a bit older and pay outright?

PCP is the way to go. Could get a newer/higher spec car for the same price as a 2/3 year old one.

As long as you stick to the mileage and keep it in good nick, you should have equity when you come to change. Depending on RV's you might even be able to change earlier

Do you get servicing/MOT included?

Can do through a main dealer.

PCP is the best way to make the most of your budget. If you have a £10k budget you can either buy a car on straight HP, or go down the PCP route and have a more expensive/better car for pretty much the same monthly payments.

Only difference is you own the used car after the final payment, but with PCP you either buy the car for the balloon payment, or part exchange and use the equity towards your new one.

My wife is about to pull the trigger on a 4 series Gran Coupe but we can't decide between the carbon black or Estoril blue.

Without doubt the Blue.

Ok the Mrs wants to change her Audi 3.0 A4 TDi Quatrro Convertible, for something and I quote "daily friendly". What do I recommend Volkswagen Golf GTI, Alfa Guilletta Cloverleaf, she wants acceleration and gizmos.

Anyone know any good deals for someone that does a lot of mileage? I do around 80 miles a day but get paid for fuel which will cover my fuel and maintenance with some left over. But as you can imagine my car is getting high mileage fast. I want a new car but don't want to spend loads when drive so much. Lease options seem very expensive. That's my dilemma.

PCP is the best way to make the most of your budget. If you have a £10k budget you can either buy a car on straight HP, or go down the PCP route and have a more expensive/better car for pretty much the same monthly payments.

Only difference is you own the used car after the final payment, but with PCP you either buy the car for the balloon payment, or part exchange and use the equity towards your new one.

Can you really build up that much equity?  I am thinking of putting down say £5k and then maybe up to £300 per month.  Should be enough to get what I want under PCP? Are Sytner pretty good?

Go for the Blue. If you go for the black, you'll spend half your time cleaning it when they start gritting the roads

Cheers, that was our first thoughts but there seems to be so many about now in that colour, plus when we went to Sytner to check the car seat fit ok they had a carbon black outside and it was stunning especially with the sun on it as it has flecks of green and blue in the paint.

As you say though it's a nightmare to keep clean and only looks good for about 10 minutes.

The equity will be the difference between the balloon guaranteed value and how much it's actually worth at the end of the agreement.

Normally you'll have a few grand difference. Sometimes the dealers will put a lower balloon figure on to lower payments. You'll pay less each month but will end up with less equity.

Can you really build up that much equity?  I am thinking of putting down say £5k and then maybe up to £300 per month.  Should be enough to get what I want under PCP? Are Sytner pretty good?

Should be plenty imo. Bought my last car from Sytner Sutton Coldfield. It was a pre reg with 7 miles on the clock and it was end of the month so got a ridiculously good deal after some haggling.

Can you really build up that much equity? I am thinking of putting down say £5k and then maybe up to £300 per month. Should be enough to get what I want under PCP? Are Sytner pretty good?

Depending on the price of the car, you might not be able to put £5k down.

As its a PCP, I would tell the salesman your monthly budget and he will tailor the deposit accordingly.

Estoril blue all day long.

Had an old 330 Ci back in the day in Estoril blue. Looked the nuts!

• Like 1

They will also take your old motor in as part of the deposit, If this may also help you out? 

My pal chopped in his old Nissan Duke and about £2k and walked away with a brand new Range Rover Evoque.

Go for the Blue. If you go for the black, you'll spend half your time cleaning it when they start gritting the roads

Very much this, Someone once said to me, "White shows the rust & Black shows the dust"  

Its very true as 20 years on when I'm more old and stupid, i let the mrs convince me to buy Orca Black over my preferred Daytona Grey. 

Even if the birds sing it gets dirty!.. Avoiding Black would also be by tip.

First thing to do if you go down the PCP route is ring these guys https://www.orangewheels.co.uk

No one can get near them. get the quote then take it to your dealer to price match or simply get the motor delivered of them.

My pal who is fairly high up at VW told me about them years ago, basically the arse hole falls out the commission pot for the sales rep but gets you the best deal on the market  :D

https://www.drivethedeal.com are very good to but still a tad behind orange wheels prices last time i needed to square things up. 

• Like 2

Â