What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

First thing to do if you go down the PCP route is ring these guys https://www.orangewheels.co.uk

No one can get near them. get the quote then take it to your dealer to price match or simply get the motor delivered of them.

My pal who is fairly high up at VW told me about them years ago, basically the arse hole falls out the commission pot for the sales rep but gets you the best deal on the market  :D

https://www.drivethedeal.com are very good to but still a tad behind orange wheels prices last time i needed to square things up. 

How does the finance work with Orange Wheels?  Through their dealer?

Finance and deposit is paid direct to the dealer, Orange wheels fix you up with price they have previously agreed with the dealer + any additional extras if you decide to pimp your ride. If you pay cash they will deliver it, if you have finance you have to pick it up from the dealership and sign the finance forms on collection of the vehicle. 

If you know what spec you want call them up, Failing that go onto their website and pimp your own. 

I prefer to speak to them but they will respond to emails swiftly also, They found me a deal £55 a month cheaper than i could find myself for + it came with a glass panoramic electric roof, all round Bose ICE, Paddle shift gear box, cameras and electric folding mirrors as all free extras. 

I used drivethedeal for my Auris. £5k off list price with all the hassle of salesmen taken out of it.

Carwow is excellent for hedging your bets. The salesmen pitch to you rather than the other way round.

Could do with up to 15K pa mileage but still not bad at all. The excess money I get from fuel expenses would almost cover the payment. Do you know if there are options to part ex your own car too? (Sorry I know I'm

Being lazy and should just look in to it).

Could do with up to 15K pa mileage but still not bad at all. The excess money I get from fuel expenses would almost cover the payment. Do you know if there are options to part ex your own car too? (Sorry I know I'm

Being lazy and should just look in to it).

Yes on PCP option, doubtful on a short term lease hire. 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

Perfect thanks.  Get a price, go to local dealer and see what they can do and then try and arrange finance with them?  I have no idea about which options to pick and whether it is worth paying for some of them!

Providing this is a PCP Option, The first thing is see what the market value of your Mini is, either as a part ex. trade or private sale. 

Don't just believe the first sales guys you speak with. If you have the time/patience to sell it yourself through the usual channels i.e., ebay, auto trader or local press etc then that extra £500/£1k is better in your pocket than in theirs! (put in towards the insurance bill)

Once you got that figure then decide how much you want to top it up with your own cash to make an initial deposit, (Remember the bigger the deposit the smaller the monthly instalments) but don't leave yourself short. 

Next trick is set your millage, If you're gonna chop and change it every 2/3 years for a new one then set it at 5k miles per year. (lower the milage cheaper it works out) Millage charges only come in to play if you walk away after the term of the agreement and have exceeded the allowance. You could return it with 105k as long as you take out a new model at the end or mid-way through the agreement. 

Your probably now wondering about monthly instalments,  ;)

Keep this to yourself, They will ask you 2 things How much deposit & how much can you afford each month! Rule number one we don't tell them this figure (not on the first date anyway) Trust me if you tell them you got a £5k deposit and £300 a month then that is what you will spend (give or take a couple of quid) and have reduced your extra negotiation chips that were tucked nicely up your sleeve!

So swing it round on them, Tell them your cheeky deposit and millage, 

Rule number 2, I've got £3k deposit and 5K miles per year over 4 years on a Mercedes C CLASS C200d AMG Line 4dr Auto Diesel Saloon, What will be the monthly payments be please sir?.. Now we have a bench mark to build off in you're favour. 

In the mean time have the crack with orange wheels, Same again you got £3k deposit and 5K miles per year over 4 years on a Mercedes C CLASS C200d AMG Line 4dr Auto Diesel Saloon. What will the monthly instalments be? 

If the figures are good to you're ears then you now have the money to stay in your bank or pimp your ride should wish to play add some big boys toys gadgets!  ;)

Rule number 3, Never ever forget Rule number one! 

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

Next trick is set your millage, If you're gonna chop and change it every 2/3 years for a new one then set it at 5k miles. (lower the milage cheaper it works out) Millage charges only come in to play if you walk away after the term of the agreement and have exceeded the allowance. You could return it with 105k as long as you take out a new model at the end or mid-way through the agreement.

Is that really true?

I've been sticking religiously to my 10k allowance per year, which to be fair isn't difficult as I wouldn't do much more than that anyway (if at all), but it's interesting to know.

Next trick is set your millage, If you're gonna chop and change it every 2/3 years for a new one then set it at 5k miles. (lower the milage cheaper it works out) Millage charges only come in to play if you walk away after the term of the agreement and have exceeded the allowance. You could return it with 105k as long as you take out a new model at the end or mid-way through the agreement.

Is that really true?

I've been sticking religiously to my 10k allowance per year, which to be fair isn't difficult as I wouldn't do much more than that anyway (if at all), but it's interesting to know.

Yeah, but like i said above if you're gonna walk away you will be charged should there be excess miles, If you renew it at the end of the agreement or even 2 years into say a 4 year deal, it don't matter. 

They won't usually tell you this unless you ask about it, simply because it reduces your monthly payment and they will be loosing out on commission Steve.

Edited by Kingman

Perfect thanks.  Get a price, go to local dealer and see what they can do and then try and arrange finance with them?  I have no idea about which options to pick and whether it is worth paying for some of them!

Providing this is a PCP Option, The first thing is see what the market value of your Mini is, either as a part ex. trade or private sale. 

Don't just believe the first sales guys you speak with. If you have the time/patience to sell it yourself through the usual channels i.e., ebay, auto trader or local press etc then that extra £500/£1k is better in your pocket than in theirs! (put in towards the insurance bill)

Once you got that figure then decide how much you want to top it up with your own cash to make an initial deposit, (Remember the bigger the deposit the smaller the monthly instalments) but don't leave yourself short. 

Next trick is set your millage, If you're gonna chop and change it every 2/3 years for a new one then set it at 5k miles per year. (lower the milage cheaper it works out) Millage charges only come in to play if you walk away after the term of the agreement and have exceeded the allowance. You could return it with 105k as long as you take out a new model at the end or mid-way through the agreement. 

Keep this to yourself, They will ask you 2 things How much deposit & how much can you afford each month! Rule number one we don't tell them this figure (not on the first date anyway) Trust me if you tell them you got a £5k deposit and £300 a month then that is what you will spend (give or take a couple of quid) and have reduced your extra negotiation chips that were tucked nicely up your sleeve!

Rule number 2, I've got £3k deposit and 5K miles per year over 4 years on a Mercedes C CLASS C200d AMG Line 4dr Auto Diesel Saloon, What will be the monthly payments be please sir?.. Now we have a bench mark to build off in you're favour. 

In the mean time have the crack with orange wheels, Same again you got £3k deposit and 5K miles per year over 4 years on a Mercedes C CLASS C200d AMG Line 4dr Auto Diesel Saloon. What will the monthly instalments be? 

If the figures are good to you're ears then you now have the money to stay in your bank or pimp your ride should wish to play add some big boys toys gadgets!  ;)

Excellent.  You should write a book on this!

Or save yourself having to go through all of that rubbish and just use one of the brokers like Carwow or drivethedeal

Â