What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

No. You can use the quote to play others off but you won't get much less than the discounts brokers will get you. Carwow is halfway there, where they pitch to you but you can then negotiate a bit further.

Perfect thanks.  Get a price, go to local dealer and see what they can do and then try and arrange finance with them?  I have no idea about which options to pick and whether it is worth paying for some of them!

Providing this is a PCP Option, The first thing is see what the market value of your Mini is, either as a part ex. trade or private sale. 

Don't just believe the first sales guys you speak with. If you have the time/patience to sell it yourself through the usual channels i.e., ebay, auto trader or local press etc then that extra £500/£1k is better in your pocket than in theirs! (put in towards the insurance bill)

Once you got that figure then decide how much you want to top it up with your own cash to make an initial deposit, (Remember the bigger the deposit the smaller the monthly instalments) but don't leave yourself short. 

Next trick is set your millage, If you're gonna chop and change it every 2/3 years for a new one then set it at 5k miles per year. (lower the milage cheaper it works out) Millage charges only come in to play if you walk away after the term of the agreement and have exceeded the allowance. You could return it with 105k as long as you take out a new model at the end or mid-way through the agreement. 

Your probably now wondering about monthly instalments,  ;)

Keep this to yourself, They will ask you 2 things How much deposit & how much can you afford each month! Rule number one we don't tell them this figure (not on the first date anyway) Trust me if you tell them you got a £5k deposit and £300 a month then that is what you will spend (give or take a couple of quid) and have reduced your extra negotiation chips that were tucked nicely up your sleeve!

So swing it round on them, Tell them your cheeky deposit and millage, 

Rule number 2, I've got £3k deposit and 5K miles per year over 4 years on a Mercedes C CLASS C200d AMG Line 4dr Auto Diesel Saloon, What will be the monthly payments be please sir?.. Now we have a bench mark to build off in you're favour. 

In the mean time have the crack with orange wheels, Same again you got £3k deposit and 5K miles per year over 4 years on a Mercedes C CLASS C200d AMG Line 4dr Auto Diesel Saloon. What will the monthly instalments be? 

If the figures are good to you're ears then you now have the money to stay in your bank or pimp your ride should wish to play add some big boys toys gadgets!  ;)

Rule number 3, Never ever forget Rule number one! 

Or save yourself having to go through all of that rubbish and just use one of the brokers like Carwow or drivethedeal

Rubbish? Imeterial to using a dealer or a broker you still have to give them the so called rubbish, every company needs to have guidelines of your remit ie, mileage and deposits etc so they no what they have to work with. It's just how cute you are at releasing you're figures. Like i said previously the price you say is the price you will pay. It's just all about the delivery and how cute you are at releasing it.

With regards to Carwow, i had 11 responses to my enquiry and i could still find one £40 a month cheaper myself , so it go's to show that getting down where the metal meets the meat actually pays dividends.

Orange wheels deal was a further £55 a month cheaper than my find but a nice £95 a month clear of carwow.

The rest as they say was history.

Rubbish? Imeterial to using a dealer or a broker you still have to give them the so called rubbish, every company needs to have guidelines of your remit ie, mileage and deposits etc so they no what they have to work with. It's just how cute you are at releasing you're figures. Like i said previously the price you say is the price you will pay. It's just all about the delivery and how cute you are at releasing it.

With regards to Carwow, i had 11 responses to my enquiry and i could still find one £40 a month cheaper myself , so it go's to show that getting down where the metal meets the meat actually pays dividends.

Orange wheels deal was a further £55 a month cheaper than my find but a nice £95 a month clear of carwow.

Rubbish as in all of the soul destroying visits to various smarmy salesmen who attempt to play mind games with you every time, who now stick together with other dealers much more than they used to and take brinkmanship to the nth degree.

With using a broker like, for example, DtD, you have none of that and will end up with a lower price than negotiating with arseholes in showrooms. Did for me anyway. Anyone can have all the bravado in the world but if they won't budge, they won't budge. It's not all about the delivery or how cute you are at releasing information.

As for how you fared, YMMV. Carwow is a great tool but will maybe not get the best possible price as salesmen are still doing retail sales. True brokers will negotiate bulk trade deals with the fleet side of dealers, which will be below anything anyone can negotiate with retail.

But can you then negotiate further after getting their discounted price?

Sure but to be honest orange wheels will be the cheapest so it's unlikely the dealer will better it, just match it.

This takes us to stage 2 and see what dealer will include non standard extras for minimal to no extra charge.

Can take it further to pm incase drifting off topic about sales/finance

Rubbish as in all of the soul destroying visits to various smarmy salesmen who attempt to play mind games with you every time, who now stick together with other dealers much more than they used to and take brinkmanship to the nth degree.

With using a broker like, for example, DtD, you have none of that and will end up with a lower price than negotiating with arseholes in showrooms. Did for me anyway. Anyone can have all the bravado in the world but if they won't budge, they won't budge. It's not all about the delivery or how cute you are at releasing information.

As for how you fared, YMMV. Carwow is a great tool but will maybe not get the best possible price as salesmen are still doing retail sales. True brokers will negotiate bulk trade deals with the fleet side of dealers, which will be below anything anyone can negotiate with retail.

Like i said, once you've agreed and established its the lowest market price then we hammer the mofos with stage 2.

I love the smarmy sales men, especially when they start to realise that the tail is wagging the dog and there is sweet fa they can do about it, watching them implode from their very own mind games and the smell of their own bull shite because every one else around can now smell it!

Im surprised of the 2 companies you speak of but no mention of orange wheels! 

Can only assuming that you have never had a price off them?

Edited by Kingman

Finance offer from drive the deal:

New C-Class C220d AMG Line Premium Plus 4dr Auto -£37,960

Metallic - Cavansite Blue - £645

High gloss dark brown ash wood trim - £195.0

Total RRP  £38,800

Discounted Finance Price - £32,426.65

Deposit - £4k

Monthly payment - £355

I was hoping for something more like £280 to £300

You'll need a big deposit to bring a £32 grand car down to £300 a month.

I put 3 grand down against my A3 and I got it for £22k (I think) and it's only £300 a month

Next trick is set your millage, If you're gonna chop and change it every 2/3 years for a new one then set it at 5k miles. (lower the milage cheaper it works out) Millage charges only come in to play if you walk away after the term of the agreement and have exceeded the allowance. You could return it with 105k as long as you take out a new model at the end or mid-way through the agreement.

Is that really true?

I've been sticking religiously to my 10k allowance per year, which to be fair isn't difficult as I wouldn't do much more than that anyway (if at all), but it's interesting to know.

This piece of information could be game changer for me !

Goodbye Astra, hello Mercedes :)

I put 3 grand down against my A3 and I got it for £22k (I think) and it's only £300 a month

I'm hoping Kingman can come up trumps with a way to get it down!

I'm hoping Kingman can come up trumps with a way to get it down!

Has anyone mentioned orange wheels yet ;-)

Just as an idea, if it doesn't have to be 'new', have you considered a 15 plate used car?

A quick look on the Mercedes used car section suggests they've got dozens of C250 AMG Sports versions, loaded with kit, 15 plate all with 6,000 miles on the clock and all at around £26,000 / £27,000 if you bought them without any haggling.

They'll still do PCP deals on them and still have low interest.

You save about £6,000 for having a car that's 6 months old.

2015-mercedes-benz-C220-CDI-Bath-WR15EBO

the one above is 220 CDI AMG Sport edition, diesel, auto, tiptronic and every extra known to man - 5,000 miles - £24,450 on the windscreen.

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 2

Just as an idea, if it doesn't have to be 'new', have you considered a 15 plate used car?

A quick look on the Mercedes used car section suggests they've got dozens of C250 AMG Sports versions, loaded with kit, 15 plate all with 6,000 miles on the clock and all at around £26,000 / £27,000 if you bought them without any haggling.

the one above is 220 CDI AMG Sport edition, diesel, auto, tiptronic and every extra known to man - 5,000 miles - £24,450 on the windscreen.

I think I would prefer buying something that was 6k miles old to be honest.  I wasn't sure if I could get a good deal though?  I'd happily take a 14 plate if it meant I paid less per month.

The alternative is sell my car for £4k, add in £5k to £6k and buy something like a 3 series 2010/11 plate.

I think I would prefer buying something that was 6k miles old to be honest.  I wasn't sure if I could get a good deal though?  I'd happily take a 14 plate if it meant I paid less per month.

The alternative is sell my car for £4k, add in £5k to £6k and buy something like a 3 series 2010/11 plate.

You can take PCP out on cars that are upto 3 years old if your not fussed about a brand spanker. 

Spoke to them.  Going to go to a local dealer this weekend and test drive a few.  Then go back to Orange Wheels next week to see what they can do.

I forgot about Mercedes with OW, they want your best price and then they beat that (no probs we can sort that), If you enquire about Audi for example then they get you the price. 

Send out a generic email to several Merc dealers with your model spec, Include your deposit and 5k miles per year over 48 months ect and ask what the monthly payments will be. 

Send it to one, cc in another and bcc in the rest.

Edited by Kingman

Do you have the link mate I can't find it?

Â