What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

Finally decided what to replace my trusty old Focus with.

After tons of internet research I'm going to get myself a Honda Civic 2.2 CTDI.

Finances will dictate whether it will be new model or the last one, but whatever I'll go franchise and get a Honda warranty, which includes punctures, useful when the car has no spare!

How many punctures do people get? 1 every few years? I'd reconsider the thousands of £'s premium you'll pay for a main dealer warranty if that is the main reason.

Just buy pump and goo kit and you'll be back on the road in no time.

Nice!
The merc, not the Juke.

Thought about one of those when I was getting my new car. Opted against it in the end (More expensive than it's competitors for not much more).

Very nice car though

Is the suspension really hard on that A Class?

I had a ride in one early on and presumed it was some special sporty go kart setting, but apparently they only come with one suspension set up - concrete.

Mine wallows like a dinghy. I love it. It even does that slight rock n roll back n fore when you park. Like everything used to do on the Rockford Files.

Firm and fun?

Just like...

No. Too easy

why am I never online when these open goals get put up :(

least this time I checked the posts below before posting and  then finding out I'd been beaten to it

Firm and fun?

Just like...

No. Too easy

why am I never online when these open goals get put up :(

least this time I checked the posts below before posting and  then finding out I'd been beaten to it

Same here.

Should have just said "your arse" stevo ;)

How many punctures do people get? 1 every few years? I'd reconsider the thousands of £'s premium you'll pay for a main dealer warranty if that is the main reason.

No mate, not the main reason, just a consideration, especially if the missus is out in it. From what I've heard, Honda's warranty is one of the better ones.

No mate, not the main reason, just a consideration, especially if the missus is out in it. From what I've heard, Honda's warranty is one of the better ones.

I get one every few weeks, perks of the job.

I get one every few weeks, perks of the job.

punctures and windscreen chips for me

I stick Continentals on because they are quieter (than say, Bridgestone), but they wear quite quickly, so when I get a puncture as well I can really churn through the tyres. I guess I average a full set slightly quicker than annually, 10 months or so.

Current car is on its 3 windscreen in 4 years.

Go to Autotrader every few months... look at completely unrealistic cars, decide I wouldn't mind one and then convince myself I don't need it after all. One day, i'll snap and purchase something ridiculous! 

Go to Autotrader every few months... look at completely unrealistic cars, decide I wouldn't mind one and then convince myself I don't need it after all. One day, i'll snap and purchase something ridiculous!

I was looking at Bentley Continental's last night after watching top gear :D

I was looking at Bentley Continental's last night after watching top gear :D

Nice! 

Cars i've mulled over recently:

Jaguar XJS 5.3 V12

Porsche 928

Porsche 911 (964 version)

Jensen Interceptor

BMW Alpina B10

BMW M5 

All ridiculous choices and clearly a sign i'm on the verge of a mid life crisis! 

• Like 1

Finally decided what to replace my trusty old Focus with.

After tons of internet research I'm going to get myself a Honda Civic 2.2 CTDI.

Finances will dictate whether it will be new model or the last one, but whatever I'll go franchise and get a Honda warranty, which includes punctures, useful when the car has no spare!

Apols for quoting my own post, but.....

I borrowed my son's BMW 320D E91 coupe for a couple of days and I've had a bit of a rethink.  B)

Â