World Cup 2022: Qatar

maqroll

1 minute ago, AXD said:

I think Kane is one of the big names out there because of the popularity of the Premier League, so I doubt they (FIFA) want to touch him. Even the locals are more fans of players than clubs or countries.

If Messi would try something, I would like to see what the FIFA does, he is bigger than FIFA right now in the eyes of supporters around the world. Ronaldo, Neymar, Neuer, Van Dijk,... they are the faces of football, not Infantino or Qatar. However, I don't think these players want to get into this.

Harry Kane has the IQ of a spud.  He's not some civil rights activist, he's being told what to do by the FA.   

This is all getting a bit silly, they are there to play football.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

To be fair, they are different.

One is a symbol of respect and remembrance for people who have died and has **** all impact on what's going on in the World today.
The other is a campaign against hate which is, sadly, still in the World today.

Guess which one the homophobes and racists think is more important?

So everyone who feels the poppy is more important than the rainbow armband is a racist and homophobic?,

You have just backed up everything wrong with this forum with that comment. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

England and Wales aren't wearing them now then.

Shame. Should have took the booking. Even the red. 

This WC is a farce.

What a joke.

Both nations said they would wear them whatever the consequences, then pussy out of it.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

So everyone who feels the poppy is more important than the rainbow armband is a racist and homophobic?,

You have just backed up everything wrong with this forum with that comment. 

Can you even read?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bobzy said:

To be fair, they are different.

One is a symbol of respect and remembrance for people who have died and has **** all impact on what's going on in the World today.
The other is a campaign against hate which is, sadly, still in the World today.

Guess which one the homophobes and racists think is more important?

Rubbish

**** all impact of what's going on in the world today? These people gave their lives so the World is as it is today. If reversed their would be no campaign against hate today, just more dead bodies. This is no way trivialising the fight against  homophobia and racism, just fact 

• Like 1

Just now, Follyfoot said:

Rubbish

**** all impact of what's going on in the world today? These people gave their lives so the World is as it is today. If reversed their would be no campaign against hate today, just more dead bodies. This is no way trivialising the fight against  homophobia and racism, just fact 

Correct.  If we banned the Poppy, nothing would change.  If we increased Poppy wearing x100 fold, nothing would change.  It's a sign of respect and remembrance for the brave soldiers who fought for our freedoms.  Nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

Loving that the speaker at yesterday's game said there was 67.000 people in attendance when the stadium only has 60.000 seats and about 1/3 of them were empty..

Probably including the opening ceremony people

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Correct.  If we banned the Poppy, nothing would change.  If we increased Poppy wearing x100 fold, nothing would change.  It's a sign of respect and remembrance for the brave soldiers who fought for our freedoms.  Nothing more, nothing less.

👏

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Kane should just wear it. F*ck FIFA. Or wear a slogan under the shirt. Kiss celebration. Just do something lads. 

I was thinking T shirts, when they swap shirts at the end of the game all the players wear T shirts with One love 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Also, stepping down from wearing the armbands as a symbol because of being booked is **** hilarious :D 

I will say the right things and be the force of good for the world!*

*Unless I'm told off.

Â