World Cup 2022: Qatar

maqroll

This whole WC is one massive joke. 

From it being held in Qatar, with their pre-historic laws, to it being in the winter and now all this with armbands. 

I drove around my estate earlier and I didn't spot one England flag draped from a window. Rewind to the last WC and they were everywhere. 

FIFA are just a bunch of greedy, lying, fat idiots who'd sell their own mother for a rolex watch and brown envelope.

I really fear for future World Cups, if someone living on some remote island stumped up enough bribe money, they'd be able to hold it there. You watch the Saudi assholes get it within the next 12 years. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

This whole WC is one massive joke. 

From it being held in Qatar, with their pre-historic laws, to it being in the winter and now all this with armbands. 

I drove around my estate earlier and I didn't spot one England flag draped from a window. Rewind to the last WC and they were everywhere. 

FIFA are just a bunch of greedy, lying, fat idiots who'd sell their own mother for a rolex watch and brown envelope.

I really fear for future World Cups, if someone living on some remote island stumped up enough bribe money, they'd be able to hold it there. You watch the Saudi assholes get it within the next 12 years. 

From my window I can see one flag, not got any of mine out. They are showing the game at my lads school today

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

All this armband talk is a good distraction for when England inevitably lose 1-0 to Iran through a Maguire own goal.

Southgate said he isn’t concerned at all about the teams form going into the tournament :lol: 

It's amusing to me that so much is being made over armbands. 

If you really intended to stand on principle, don't go to Qatar. Boycott the tournament. 

If you do show up and play, get on with it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

It's amusing to me that so much is being made over armbands

If you really intended to stand on principle, don't go to Qatar. Boycott the tournament. 

All down to the media trying to whip up a frenzy and create controversy. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, pete101 said:

They were given an opportunity to make a very minimal gesture a powerful one by taking the punishment for doing it, real shame

Yeah, it’s ridiculous. 

The gesture of “we might get into trouble for it but we’re going to do it as it’s important and we’re passionate about it” falls over well before kick off.

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

It's amusing to me that so much is being made over armbands. 

The "so much" is the backing down element more than anything else.

Boycotting the tournament is an absolute pipe dream - I don't understand why people jump to this side of things.  It's the whole "if u don't like it then dont go lol" thing, which is utterly ridiculous.

The better option is to go, highlight the problems and difficulties and hope that the nation (and possibly region?) manage to tone down some of their extreme views with regards to certain sections of society.

• Like 1

Â